HST-IWAR7 Responsiveness sluggish over time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST-IWAR7 Responsiveness sluggish over time

I purchased two of the HST-IWAR7 devices when they were first released. I have finally gotten my HSTouch screens built and deployed and have started noticing a problem. After I have the client up for several weeks, it starts performing really slowly (i.e. 4 second to respond to screen touches). I can exit HSTouch, do a "Fast Reboot", and restart HSTouch client but that doesn't seem to improve the situation. The only thing I have found that fixes it is to go to my equipment room, pull the RJ45 cable from my POE hub, and then plug it back in (i.e. power cycle the display).

I am running Android Client 1.0.41, HSTouch Server 1.0.0.69, and HSPro 2.5.0.23. I have a second display with the stock client and I am going to hook it up on another port and run both of them for a week to see if it exhibits the same behavior.

As a workaround, I am trying to find a program that will do a Power On Reboot so I can just tell the display to power cycle every morning at 4am.

Anyone else see similar behavior or have an answer to my work around solution?

Glenn, I reboot my HST-IWAR7 unit every day using a X-10 relay unit that shutdown and restart it. But it works ok during the day until I use the interface navigating among screens, then begin to works slowly and I need to repeat the procedure... It's very disappointing... I want to re-flash it or to do something for getting this unit working better, or just discard it and replace the "hole in my wall" by other kind of device that works better. I've got a Kindle Fire HD that works 1000 times better than this one, and at a similar price.

Do you have any recommendation for this HST-IWAR7?... I'm still using the same OS and image that came in the unit, but with a V41 in the HSTouch Client.

Thanks!

Comment

Reflashing TouchScreens

Thanks for reaching out. This was an old post and don't remember exactly what I did to fix this specific issue, but here is a pointer to a better solution (i.e. flashing your screens to the latest build). The thread isn't very long so take a quick read. It did wonders for my screens including bringing two non-functional devices back to life working better than ever.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165539

Let me know how it goes or if you can't locate the files.

Comment

Wrong touchscreen

Sorry for the previous post. I failed to realize that you were talking about the IWAR device and I converted to the IWAC7 about a month after posting about this sluggishness problem and I am sure changing touchscreens was my solution to this issue. I then updated my IWAC devices to the latest firmware per the above process several months ago.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Not sure where you could find the latest flash files for the IWAR but I would pursue that option if you can find them.

Comment

Thanks Glenn... I was wondering how to convert my IWAR to IWAC... I'm quite sure this could be the solution...

Comment

The IWAR is the first in wall Android touch screen offered by Homeseer.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156066

It has a resistive touch screen.

The IWAC was the second in wall Android touch screen offered by Homeseer.

It has a capactive touch screen.

Neither appear to be offered for sale at this time.

It would be difficult to convert an IWAR to a IWAC touchscreen.

The original firmware to restore the IWAC back to factory condition was posted here by a Homeseer user.

I had searched the internet for how to re-flash firmware for an in-wall Android touchscreen with no results, but I did come across the SIBO company (the manufacturer of these units) and a way to contact them via e-mail. So, I submitted an e-mail to them inquiring about the firmware files and a re-flash procedure. To my surprise I received a reply well within 24 hours that included a link to the firmware files and the procedure for the re-flash. I'm happy to say that the re-flash procedure worked and my screen is once again 100% functional. It took me some time to reload the HS Touch app and I had to go back and ask SIBO for the Custom SIBO app that auto-loads HS Touch, but now that I have everything I'm pretty sure I could easily rebuild an entire screen in 15 minutes or less. I'd like to point out that the contact at SIBO (Suri) has been exceptionally helpful with lightning fast responses. I am VERY impressed!!
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165539

The original firmware to restore the IWAR back to factory condition was never posted on the forum by Homeseer or any Homeseer users.

I wanted to do the same after making some modifications to my IWAR.

The touchscreens are both made by Sibo

http://sibo.en.alibaba.com/

http://sibo.en.alibaba.com/product/1...id_Tablet.html

Originally when I contacted Suri at Sibo I didn't get any responses to my questions relating to getting the stock firmware for the IWAR.

Maybe you will have better luck.

Here is a link to leave a message to Suri.

http://message.alibaba.com/msgsend/c...XCZ-tFcpUAUafI
            Last edited by Pete; November 2, 2014, 12:42 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete... I'll try to figurate how to use it "as-is" with the best response time possible.

Comment

If you want to back up what you have in an OS I can post a customized cooked OS that I was using for the IWAR here. There is also a CE / Linux OS cooked OS available.

I am not using the IWAR today; shelved in the automation box o things these days.

Test an OS image backup first by restoring it before playing with a cooked Android image.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  If you want to back up what you have in an OS I can post a customized cooked OS that I was using for the IWAR here. There is also a CE / Linux OS cooked OS available.

I am not using the IWAR today; shelved in the automation box o things these days.

Test an OS image backup first by restoring it before playing with a cooked Android image.
                  Hi Pete,

That would be great if you could post that. My winter project is to get HS Touch going and I have a couple of the IWARs.

Thanks
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The image is tiny and it worked fine with HSTouch. Thinking there were posted screen shots of the build here somewhere. The IWAR (Via WM8650) was using a slower processor then the IWAC (Via WM8850). The more I played the slower it got. That said I do have the original cooked image. I can post a thinner image with less stuff on it too.

I will post a step by step of installation in the DIY section with the image.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      The image is tiny and it worked fine with HSTouch. Thinking there were posted screen shots of the build here somewhere. The IWAR (Via WM8650) was using a slower processor then the IWAC (Via WM8850). The more I played the slower it got. That said I do have the original cooked image. I can post a thinner image with less stuff on it too.

I will post a step by step of installation in the DIY section with the image.
                      Thanks Pete!
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

IWAR image

I have a couple of IWARs I no longer use stuffed in my "box of things" as well. I would love to get an image I could try and see if I can get some reliable HSTouch screens going with them. Please post back if you find/post those images.

Comment

I have a few as well that no longer worked once I had to go to HS3. I still have a hole in the wall I have to sheetrock and spackle for almost a year now. That did not help the WAF for HS nor did the constant unreliability.

It would be nice to get some use out of them. I think I still have one new in the box that was to be my spare.

Comment

Working...
                          X