Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hst-iwac7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hst-iwac7

    I just purchaced a few of the IWAC7s. I have installed one of them to replace a cheep MID 7" tablet which I had installed to prove the "wall mounted" touch screen concept.

    So far, the IWAC7 looks good. Installation was easy. Configuring for my server and loading the project went with out a hitch.

    Screen brightness and sharpness is excellent. Touch response is very good.

    Ken

    #2
    I like mine, too

    I received my two HST-IWAC7 units and like them a lot, too.

    FWIW
    Steve

    (System configuration is in my profile)

    Comment


      #3
      I got my first IWAC7 unit installed yesterday it it looks very nice. I spent a couple of weeks creating the screens and tweaking the IWAC7 settings to deliver what I want in terms of screen timeouts for dimming, etc., but I am very pleased with the result. The WAF is very high on the front end. I hope to get my second screen installed this next weekend, followed by two more in the weeks after that.

      Comment


        #4
        Your ideas would be appreciated

        Originally posted by Techvet View Post
        I got my first IWAC7 unit installed yesterday it it looks very nice. I spent a couple of weeks creating the screens and tweaking the IWAC7 settings to deliver what I want in terms of screen timeouts for dimming, etc., but I am very pleased with the result. The WAF is very high on the front end. I hope to get my second screen installed this next weekend, followed by two more in the weeks after that.
        If you wouldn't mind, could you share what you've used for the "screen timeouts for dimming, etc." that you refer to in your post? I haven't found anything I like yet, and maybe what you're using could work for me or point me in a new direction.

        Thanks
        Steve

        (System configuration is in my profile)

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by spknapp View Post
          If you wouldn't mind, could you share what you've used for the "screen timeouts for dimming, etc." that you refer to in your post? I haven't found anything I like yet, and maybe what you're using could work for me or point me in a new direction.

          Thanks
          The solution I landed on was to set the sleep value on the display to 5 minutes and in the Developer Options section to check the box that say something about keeping the display awake during charging. I also fooled around some with the Tasker app, but I now have that disabled. There is another app I intend to explore called Wake My Android Pro. It looks like it offers a variety of sleep options including some that could kill the screen entirely without putting the unit in sleep mode. My experience so far is that on occasion if the unit goes to sleep, it takes a minute of so for HSTouch to come to its senses

          Comment


            #6
            I dont have one of the HS screens, but for my other androids, Tasker will turn it off at night and on in the morning for me. It requires the Secure Settings plugin to be downloaded via Tasker. Once you have that, you can set the display off/on.
            HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
            79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
            Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
            Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              I dont have one of the HS screens, but for my other androids, Tasker will turn it off at night and on in the morning for me. It requires the Secure Settings plugin to be downloaded via Tasker. Once you have that, you can set the display off/on.

              Where do you find the plug-in download? I could not find it in my searches.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Hst-iwac7

                Originally posted by Techvet View Post
                Where do you find the plug-in download? I could not find it in my searches.
                Open tasker and go into actions.
                You should see a plugins option on the left.
                Click there and from the list, select Secure Settings.


                Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
                HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
                79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
                Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
                Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

                Comment


                  #9
                  That helped a lot

                  Originally posted by Techvet View Post
                  The solution I landed on was to set the sleep value on the display to 5 minutes and in the Developer Options section to check the box that say something about keeping the display awake during charging...
                  Wow, that made a big difference in my satisfaction level on the new IWAC7s. Now after the screen timeout period the screen dims down and tapping on the screen instantly brightens it back up - high WAF here. I wonder of there is any way to set the level of backlight dimness these hit when dimming down?

                  Thanks,
                  Steve
                  Steve

                  (System configuration is in my profile)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by spknapp View Post
                    Wow, that made a big difference in my satisfaction level on the new IWAC7s. Now after the screen timeout period the screen dims down and tapping on the screen instantly brightens it back up - high WAF here. I wonder of there is any way to set the level of backlight dimness these hit when dimming down?

                    Thanks,
                    Steve
                    Glad to hear it helped. The Wake My Android app didn't impress, so I'm back to solution I mentioned earlier. I have noticed that now if I hit the power button with a quick press, the screen goes completely blank AND the screen stays connected to the server. Pushing the power button a second time (even hours later) brings the screen back to life, fully connected and up to date with the HS Server. The only negative is that menu bar also pops up and has to be manually killed. I could have sworn that it didn't do any of that before. A long press/hold brings up the power off and reboot options.

                    FWIW, I suggested to HS that they look at a plug-in that would allow for complete control of the screen brightness of these units from within HS. I'm thinking it might require a custom Android app on the screen end and a plug-in on the HS server end that could talk to it. This is when I wish I knew something about programming so that I could contribute to the effort.

                    James

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by spknapp View Post
                      Wow, that made a big difference in my satisfaction level on the new IWAC7s. Now after the screen timeout period the screen dims down and tapping on the screen instantly brightens it back up - high WAF here. I wonder of there is any way to set the level of backlight dimness these hit when dimming down?

                      Thanks,
                      Steve
                      Steve, just you set these two parameters (display and developer) and worked ok? I could get the screen dim on but I need to press some device's buttons to wake the screen up... touching it doesn't do anything

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by pgmp View Post
                        Steve, just you set these two parameters (display and developer) and worked ok? I could get the screen dim on but I need to press some device's buttons to wake the screen up... touching it doesn't do anything
                        Those settings are what work on my two IWAC7 units, one of which I just set up 30 minutes ago. Make sure you don't have any other program running that tries to do anything with the screen settings. For instance, when I was trying to get Tasker to work, it messed up the sequencing so that it would dim, but not come back bright unless you pushed buttons. The solution was to disable Tasker.

                        Once set up correctly, pushing the power button (quick press) will make the screen turn off (I'll call this Screen Off mode). Another quick press wakes it back up and you're back to the 'Bright for 5 minutes, Dim, Touch for Bright' sequence (I'll call this Brightness Sequence mode). The screen can happily stay in either mode and HSTouch will stay connected and up to date.

                        James

                        Comment


                          #13
                          James, sorry but I haven't found the Tasker... I don't know how is set in my unit...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Glad you guys are having some success with this hardware. I have been holding off on the fixed screens waiting for a bit faster hardware, looks like these units may be fast enough.

                            My plan is to run 2 applications on these: HSTouch and the full Sonos Controller App for Android. I don't have any Android devices currently, all Ipod's/pads.

                            Question: Do you think there would be any way to switch between them? LInk a button to a tasker command to switch applications or something like that?

                            Thanks for any feedback.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by pgmp View Post
                              James, sorry but I haven't found the Tasker... I don't know how is set in my unit...
                              Tasker is an App and if you didn't download/install it then it is not the problem. I just installed my third screen and it's working the same as the other two. My guess is that there is something in the settings that's set wrong. Not sure how to proceed? We could always do a phone call to walk through each of the settings screens??

                              What version of the screen do you have? I think the earlier ones had a little different hardware and ran a different version of Android. The ones I have are all the second series and are running Android 4.0.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X