No announcement yet.

What's wrong with my IWAC07?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, just pulled mine out of the closet and plugged it in (using injector).
    After about 15 secs, the Android load image comes up and starts loading
    When completed, you get the wave effect.
    After about 15 secs the main page displays (no power button required).
    Sounds like your processor works, your OS is loading and your display works.

HS pre-installs the client so it should come up. Try swiping your finger from the bottom of the display towards the center, that should bring up the system panel.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      OK, just pulled mine out of the closet and plugged it in (using injector).
      After about 15 secs, the Android load image comes up and starts loading
      When completed, you get the wave effect.
      After about 15 secs the main page displays (no power button required).
      Sounds like your processor works, your OS is loading and your display works.

HS pre-installs the client so it should come up. Try swiping your finger from the bottom of the display towards the center, that should bring up the system panel.

Z
      Mine seems to be stuck on the screen with water drip effect. Touching, swiping in all direction seems to be ignored.

I'm trying to upload video of it...
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

The wake up is pretty sensitive on the IWAC. Be sure to put your finger at the very bottom edge of the display and swipe upwards. You should get the system bar.

I'd probably submit a help ticket although it does "sound" like it's running. I'm not a Android expert by any means, so perhaps someone more familiar with OS has an idea how to wake it up or at least display the main OS pages.

Z

Comment

The wake up is pretty sensitive on the IWAC. Be sure to put your finger at the very bottom edge of the display and swipe upwards. You should get the system bar.

I'd probably submit a help ticket although it does "sound" like it's running. I'm not a Android expert by any means, so perhaps someone more familiar with OS has an idea how to wake it up or at least display the main OS pages.

Z
          Is the wake up from a home screen of some sort or from the same ice cream sandwich screen? The thing that threw me off is that the screen doesn't change from the boot up screen.

Here's the video of my frustration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x0SQA-7_Gg
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Helpful video.
            Looks like it's not wanting to complete the boot once the OS is loaded. It should try to start running once the OS loads.
            I don't see the OS version/etc on the bottom right of the screen, but I suspect it's there as you've noted it previously?

Since it is new and under warranty, I'd let HS tell you what they would like you to do with it.

Z

Comment

Helpful video.
              Looks like it's not wanting to complete the boot once the OS is loaded. It should try to start running once the OS loads.
              I don't see the OS version/etc on the bottom right of the screen, but I suspect it's there as you've noted it previously?

Since it is new and under warranty, I'd let HS tell you what they would like you to do with it.

Z
              Yes, the OS version etc showed up in the first boot up portion (before the ice cream 'got filled' in color. I remember refocusing my iphone on that text during boot up.

Ok, I'll try to contact HS again.

Comment

LeoS,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have one of my screens doing exactly the same thing. Curious if I will also have to contact HS to get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by mbdirtfarmer View Post
                  LeoS,

Did you ever get this resolved? I have one of my screens doing exactly the same thing. Curious if I will also have to contact HS to get it fixed.
                  Hey man,

Yeah Homeseer couldn't resolve it remotely and asked me to send it back, but I've been traveling a lot and haven't had time to do much with my home automation. Heck, I'll have to look into things this weekend....

Comment

Re-flash instructions

I know this is an old thread but in case anyone is following this one and still has a boot problem with the IWAC7, the re-flash instruction posted in the following thread fixed my problem on two different units.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165539

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X