No monitor off after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No monitor off after upgrade

I just updated the HStouch version on the touchscreen (version 1), and now when I click the "monitor off" button on the default project, the screen does not turn off like it did before!

The same with version 2.

Why not?

I thought that at least with version 2, I could use the power button on top of the unit, but that also disables Wifi (even if I though it shouldn't) so the connection to the HS-server is lost.

Is there away that I can get this to work properly?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Noone, really?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yes I bought 3 of the new 07 touchscreens and had I known of some of the short comings I probably wouldn't have. It's crazy to think there is no way to dim the display but keep it running. Even the Android Display setting for sleep after x many minutes does not work. And as you stated the Wi-Fi goes away if you click the power button. One of the main reasons I bought these was for the speakers and among other things wanted to use them as a chime when someone opened a door or window. However I don't want the display running all the time and if I turn it off with the button the device is totally useless. It is very disappointing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
        Yes I bought 3 of the new 07 touchscreens and had I known of some of the short comings I probably wouldn't have. It's crazy to think there is no way to dim the display but keep it running. Even the Android Display setting for sleep after x many minutes does not work. And as you stated the Wi-Fi goes away if you click the power button. One of the main reasons I bought these was for the speakers and among other things wanted to use them as a chime when someone opened a door or window. However I don't want the display running all the time and if I turn it off with the button the device is totally useless. It is very disappointing to say the least.
        You can always substitute a blank black screen to simulate the dimming of the monitor.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, yes that is what I will end up doing as apparently there is no other choice. However it is not the same as actually turning off the backlight. The screen is technically still lit all the time with the backlight on. It's a hack

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
            Rupp, yes that is what I will end up doing as apparently there is no other choice. However it is not the same as actually turning off the backlight. The screen is technically still lit all the time with the backlight on. It's a hack
            Yes I agree it's a work around but it works none the less and it's the only choice given these screens can't be dimmed or turned off.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Blank screen is not the same as "off". Actually, it's pretty damn far away.

And the reason I am asking is that before the latest version, it actually worked like I wanted it to! I'll see if I can find the Youtube tutorials for the first version, it shows how it has worked until now.

I didn't use the power button, but that little icon in the lower left corner. That turned off the screen, but the unit was still on and connected.

Comment

... okay, after I've installed the latest Designer, I see that this is actually designed stupidity.

Homeseer: Really?
                You had a monitor that could be turned off via a function, but you threw that away?

EDIT: Now, at least I can change the behavour of the button.
                Last edited by Moskus; January 23, 2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X