Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a HSI-IW07 - now what....?

Hi

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place, as there seem to be several homes for questions on this kit.

I acquired a "new" HSI-IW07 - would not be my first choice obviously but at the price I could not say no.

Its new in box - so still has CE5 on it.

Can I upgrade the OS? - should I?

I did read reference to it running Android - is that possible?

How can I install the latest HST client? I did read that its done via designer, but cant see how.

All in, there does not seem to be much written anywhere on this device.

Thanks in advance

David
    Last edited by Bestgear; October 27, 2015, 09:42 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

I would recommend leaving it as is as this was the intent when manufactured. It works well with the delivered OS but it's a wee bit weak to run other software other than HSTouch. Fire up the unit and HSTouch should load. Then you should see this device in the deploy list to be updated.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
      Hi

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong place, as there seem to be several homes for questions on this kit.

I acquired a "new" HSI-IW07 - would not be my first choice obviously but at the price I could not say no.

Its new in box - so still has CE5 on it.

Can I upgrade the OS? - should I?

I did read reference to it running Android - is that possible?

How can I install the latest HST client? I did read that its done via designer, but cant see how.

All in, there does not seem to be much written anywhere on this device.

Thanks in advance

David
      The unit has a 200 MHz CPU on-board. CE5 is the only thing you would ever want to run on it!! Use is for HSTouch as is and it should work just fine.

Comment

Is there any plans to make a "beefier" table top unit? I can see a huge market here if I could add some extra apps to it (namely stuff to control music until that API comes out of the grave).

WAF goes down when clicking a button on the keypad does not result in instant response.

Comment

I'd be happy if there was a replacement for the large hole in the wall where the now defunct IW07 use to live.
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
            I'd be happy if there was a replacement for the large hole in the wall where the now defunct IW07 use to live.
            There are plenty of tablet/mount kit options that would work. If my IW07 broke, I'd probably wall-mount an iPad in that spot. However, the thing is rock solid (knock wood).

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              I would recommend leaving it as is as this was the intent when manufactured. It works well with the delivered OS but it's a wee bit weak to run other software other than HSTouch. Fire up the unit and HSTouch should load. Then you should see this device in the deploy list to be updated.
              Many thanks Rupp and MacroMark

I just want a simple device with no bells or whistles.. have plenty phones and tablets for that.

David

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                There are plenty of tablet/mount kit options that would work. If my IW07 broke, I'd probably wall-mount an iPad in that spot. However, the thing is rock solid (knock wood).
                I wish there were more in wall kits for popular tablets...only seen a few for iPads...never android based tabs.

Comment

OK Mark:

If you could suggest a flush mount device (or device and kit) I'm all ears. Heck, I'd even be happy if you could tell me the supplier of the original.... Anything.
                  Don

Comment

I use these two flush mount kits for iPad as the price is right, and they have a nice and clean look:

http://www.amazon.com/-Wall-iPad-Mount/dp/B00GUDAFS8

and

http://www.amazon.com/-Wall-iPad-Mou.../dp/B00GUDZKLU

Comment

SIBO touchscreens

Here is a new one from GeekLand in Atlanta, GA. Thinking it is a bit overpriced though at $189.

7" Android 4.0 Wall Mounted Tablet with POE RJ45
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Pete; October 27, 2015, 04:59 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete's idea is interesting... As is the Ipad...Hum.
                        Don

Comment

Windows Homeseer 3 touch in Windows 10 runs great wired or wirelessly.

You have touch plus included in the PipoX7 is bluetooth for a keyboard if you need it.

Running HSTouch in Windows will also let you remote the machine via VNC or Jon00's remote application.

You can also run speaker dot exe using the built in SAPI in Windows 10 like you do on your Joggler today.

I have also previously mentioned a hardware mode to mount the PipoX8 which already has a capacitance touchscreen and is only $120 on Amazon.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                          X