Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OS Upgrade?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OS Upgrade?

    Has anyone upgraded the OS past 4.04 on these? Wish this thing was more useful than a paper weight ...
    -Skybolt

    #2
    I have several of these new in the box. Wondering if they can be used anymore?

    Comment


      #3
      I have one at home. Been using it for years. Never had any issues.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by freeon View Post
        I have one at home. Been using it for years. Never had any issues.
        Only with HSTouch?
        -Skybolt

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
          I have several of these new in the box. Wondering if they can be used anymore?
          Yeah, I am thinking this is only good as a paper weight myself. HSTouch is too trouble some to upkeep for me.

          On a side note, are you the same "upstatemike" on www.hardcoresledder.com? Just curious.
          -Skybolt

          Comment


            #6
            I have 3 and just run HSTouch on them. I havent upgraded the OS at all since I've had them...
            HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
            72 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
            Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
            Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by skybolt View Post

              Yeah, I am thinking this is only good as a paper weight myself. HSTouch is too trouble some to upkeep for me.
              If you run Windows, you may be able to use HSTile on its web browser. May give it some use......

              Jon

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jon00 View Post

                If you run Windows, you may be able to use HSTile on its web browser. May give it some use......
                Nice work jon00 I got this up and running yesterday very quickly. I just need to tailor it for the Foscam camera's and This will be perfect. Thanks for mentioning it.
                -Skybolt

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by skybolt View Post

                  Nice work jon00 I got this up and running yesterday very quickly. I just need to tailor it for the Foscam camera's and This will be perfect. Thanks for mentioning it.
                  Good to hear. How responsive is it on the tablet? I assume you can still get a recent browser from the play store?
                  Jon

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by jon00 View Post

                    Good to hear. How responsive is it on the tablet? I assume you can still get a recent browser from the play store?
                    LOL, responsive, not so much. But I am still laying out the browser info. One of the problems is it is using the intrinsic browser which doesn't work that well. Tried to get chrome on there but that was a no go. So for now I have put this on the side and am just using a more up to date tablet. I just wish the table top one worked as that is perfect thing for this ...

                    So frustrating how quickly hardware becomes useless.

                    -Skybolt

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Does this site help?
                      Jon

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Not bad at all. A little slow to load, but once loaded not bad at all. Thank you!
                        -Skybolt

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by skybolt View Post

                          Only with HSTouch?
                          Yes

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by skybolt View Post

                            Yeah, I am thinking this is only good as a paper weight myself. HSTouch is too trouble some to upkeep for me.

                            On a side note, are you the same "upstatemike" on www.hardcoresledder.com? Just curious.
                            No. Never been to that site. Thought I replied to this a week ago but now don't the post.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X