New Tabletop Touchscreen for HSTouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
    Isn't there a "master plan"? Hardware like this should be reasonably future proof for about 4 or 5 years or so ideally but at least a few years.
    How does one future-proof products against features that haven't been created yet?

..two HS branded touchscreens I bought in the past year or so not capable of utilizing the full features of HS3..
    I think I mentioned before you can side load the latest HSTouch client app on the older screens. That should take care of HS3 compatibility.

These new touchscreens would probably be selling faster if they had VR and a better resolution
    the new screens are selling very well as is (FYI). Adding a mic and a higher res screen are options we'll be looking into. I'd like the mic, myself.

One thing that I have heard people express outside of the forum is better voices. I know I find the current voices irritating compared to Siri and my cars Voice messaging. Just a thought of something else to consider.
    We looked into licensing NeoSpeech voices again but the cost would be about 4x higher than what we used to sell. FYI
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mark,

Is the new device; WFTT07 only a wifi device?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Mark,

Is the new device; WFTT07 only a wifi device?
        Correct. WiFi only.

Comment

The HomeSeer reps have mentioned it a few times, and I think it's a valid point: Cost is a huge driver for many people. Obviously everyone has their own threshold between "minor" and "major" purchase, but for me this was the perfect price to justify an impulse buy while at the parents' home for a week. I needed a quick & easy interface that speaks various status updates, and this delivered.

Had the price been a few hundred bucks more, the features wouldn't matter, because I'd never consider it for what will eventually be 2-3 locations.

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
            The HomeSeer reps have mentioned it a few times, and I think it's a valid point: Cost is a huge driver for many people. Obviously everyone has their own threshold between "minor" and "major" purchase, but for me this was the perfect price to justify an impulse buy while at the parents' home for a week. I needed a quick & easy interface that speaks various status updates, and this delivered.

Had the price been a few hundred bucks more, the features wouldn't matter, because I'd never consider it for what will eventually be 2-3 locations.
            +1
            Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Sorry for a silly question, but what fonts are on these?
              Ok, 2 questions, how do I add the font i want?

Thanks,
              TIm
              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                Sorry for a silly question, but what fonts are on these?
                Ok, 2 questions, how do I add the font i want?

Thanks,
                TIm
                Android system fonts (Droid Sans, for example).

As for adding fonts, I've never tried. Google might be able to help on that one.

Comment

Using full vertical resolution

I'm spending some time trying to get HSTouch designer and the Tabletop touchscreen to use the full real estate of the screen.

I use the "fullscreen" app and it seems to work quite fine (get two small translucent corner icons that I can live with).

But things don't scale well. It's not WYSIWYG and I'm not sure what I am doing is right. Text labels are misaligned with wrong font size compared to the designer window (e.g. Verdana 14.25pt).

If I set the Project Defaults Height to 480 and the actual window height to 530 I can use the entire screen, but there must be a way to get this working without all these text misalignment issues.

I prefer that there is no scaling happening on the client side, and it seems there is. I made a horizontal single pixel line and it disappeared from the desktop display (probably due to a scaling artifact).

I use version 3.0.8 of the HSTouch designer.

Could someone provide the recommended settings for HSTouch using this Homeseer product. It would have been nice if it was in the included manual or somewhere btw.

Comment

Load the default android project and see if that displays ok, if so, you can base your project on that.

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                    I'm spending some time trying to get HSTouch designer and the Tabletop touchscreen to use the full real estate of the screen.

I use the "fullscreen" app and it seems to work quite fine (get two small translucent corner icons that I can live with).

But things don't scale well. It's not WYSIWYG and I'm not sure what I am doing is right. Text labels are misaligned with wrong font size compared to the designer window (e.g. Verdana 14.25pt).

If I set the Project Defaults Height to 480 and the actual window height to 530 I can use the entire screen, but there must be a way to get this working without all these text misalignment issues.

I prefer that there is no scaling happening on the client side, and it seems there is. I made a horizontal single pixel line and it disappeared from the desktop display (probably due to a scaling artifact).

I use version 3.0.8 of the HSTouch designer.

Could someone provide the recommended settings for HSTouch using this Homeseer product. It would have been nice if it was in the included manual or somewhere btw.

Comment

For those who've been asking for a higher res screen, microphone and webcam, here you go....

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171607

Comment

Very nice and very good price Mark!
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Is this still on sale? Can't find it on the homeseer online store

Comment

Originally posted by accessdenied View Post
                            Is this still on sale? Can't find it on the homeseer online store
                            A check of both Smarthome and Amazon both show this item as no longer available.

Comment

correct, discontinued about a year ago. We're looking for a replacement.

Comment

Working...
                              X