Useful Apps for the WFTT07 Tabletop Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd start a thread on apps we are using on this new touchscreen. Mine came rooted already, it just needs "Superuser" and "Busybox" installed to complete a full root, both free. After these are installed you can install other apps that make use of the root.

"full!screen+" This app removes the bottom status bar from your screen and gives you a true fullscreen in HSTouch or any other app, this paid version allows settings on a per app basis. It also gives you a small pie menu in either lower corner that allows access to lots of functions, for me I just use 1 in the left corner, a long press mimics the home button, a tap pops open a pie menu with a back button and buttons to switch apps (Sonos....). This app just makes for a clean interface with tons of options for tablet control.

"Screen Standby ♯ Root" This app takes over the screen dimming functions and will allow your screen backlight to turn completely off after a set time with out putting you device to sleep. It keeps the touchscreen active, it just kills or lowers the backlight, and with a touch it wakes "brightens". If you want to use this on a nightstand this is a must, complete darkness and a tap to resume. This will also lock your wifi on if needed.

I have a couple more apps I'm playing with and will post more later. If any help is needed I can do a step by step for these easily.

John

Hi John,

A step-by-step on superuser and busybox would be a great help for us Android newbies! Maybe include some stuff on what's made possible by doing this?

Fred
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Does the Sonos app work correctly for you guys. Just installed and it is stuck in portrait and will not go to lanscape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
        "Screen Standby ♯ Root" This app takes over the screen dimming functions and will allow your screen backlight to turn completely off after a set time with out putting you device to sleep. It keeps the touchscreen active, it just kills or lowers the backlight, and with a touch it wakes "brightens". If you want to use this on a nightstand this is a must, complete darkness and a tap to resume. This will also lock your wifi on if needed.
        I downloaded this and installed busybox too.... could not get the screen dimmer to work at all. I must have the settings wrong. Is there a trick to it?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
          Does the Sonos app work correctly for you guys. Just installed and it is stuck in portrait and will not go to lanscape.

Nope, The app thinks it's on a phone, and the app doesn't support landscape on phones for some reason.
          Last edited by skybolt; March 11, 2014, 07:26 PM.
          -Skybolt

Comment

Ok, sorry for the delay, here is what I have done so far.
            There is a setting under the display tab in the tablets settings for "Smart backlight" this must be checked on this device for the backlight to turn completely off.

Before you install ScreenStandby make sure you have "superuser" and "busybox" installed from the Google Play store, these are tools that you need, lots of info around about what they do.

I would also install "RootValidator" which will simply let you know if your device is rooted properly. When you run it you will be prompted to grant Superuser Rights to the app, this is ok and is needed.

Now install "Screen Standby # Root" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nstandby&hl=en

Once installed run the app and skip the setup wizard and then hit the wrench at the bottom for settings, you can also swipe to the left.

On the Screen off methods page I only have the Zero Brightness checked, now go back to main settings.

On the One Two Dim mode page check everything and set a time for the screen to go off.

Now go back to the first page and push the blue "One two dim" button, you should get a popup asking about granting superuser rights, this has to be allowed. Now your screen should turn off after the time you set in the app.

I don't use any of the other settings.

I hope this is easy to follow, I can add more if needed.

John

Comment

Hi,
              Thanks for sharing this. I've followed all your settings to a t and still can't get it to work. Superuser has permissions and the timer is set but the screen never turns off. Also, ran the app to show that rooting was successful but still nothing. Any steps that you left out? Fullscreen + isn't needed right?
              Thx,
              -Shane

Comment

lj502,
                I'm getting closer. I reinstalled screen standby and redid all the settings again. The app is finally blanking out the screen after the timer expires. It isn't however turning off the screen, the backlight is still on. Any ideas?

Comment

I found a fix for the Sonos app on this device. Download "Rotation Lock Adaptive" from Google Play and set it to lock landscape mode. Works great and it's free.

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by srodgers View Post

Nope, The app thinks it's on a phone, and the app doesn't support landscape on phones for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X