Screen Control Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Control Video

Check this out, I will post the details after I pick up the kids.

John
    Last edited by lj502; March 14, 2014, 07:02 PM. Reason: Fixed link

I really did not like using the screenstandby app, it works fine, I just don't like using a timer for control. Instead I tried using the screen dim function built in to HSTouch and it works perfectly. I can control brightness and turn the backlight completely off all within HSTouch and Homeseer. I put 3 simple scripts on my Homeseer server, off, 50%, and 100%, and then call those from HSTouch. Each client will need its own scripts if you want to control them independently from each other.
    Now in Designer I added a "Clock" screen with a transparent 800x100 button at the top that when pushed runs the "Dim nightstand 100" script and then opens the Main screen (this is to return to main out of the dark clock and return to full brightness). Next on the clock page is the time text element, it is 800x380 and is below the other. You can format the clock however you want it just needs to allow button presses. Now copy the "Clock" screen and rename the copy to "Clock2". Now on the first Clock screen add actions when pressed for the clock text element to first run the "Dim nightstand 01" script and then to open the "Clock2" page. Now on the Clock2 page add actions to the clock text element that first run the "Dim nightstand 50" script and then opens the "Clock" screen. Now all you need is a button on your main page that first rus the "Dim nightstand 50" script and then opens the "Clock" page.
    Now when you push the button from your main page (or wherever actually) to open the clock it will dim your screen to 50% and then show the clock, if you push the time it will turn off your screen and open the Clock2 page which you cant see anyway, if you push where the time is (on the black screen) it will return to 50% and show the clock again. To exit back to main you push the transparent button at the top of either clock screen and your screen returns to 100% and opens the Main Page.
    This is very simple and works perfectly, I like being able to just tap the screen at night to see the time and tap again and it is off, plus you can do this with events in Homeseer so anything can wake your screen or dim it.

The txt files need to renamed with the vb extension and each one will need the name of your client changed for your use, mine are Nightstand so you will see where in the file to change. Drop them into your Homeseer scripts folder.

John
    Attached Files

Comment

The tablet seems very responsive - can you share the specifics?

Comment

John,

Very nice!

How do the buttons work after not touching the screen for a few minutes?

Are they as responsive or is there a bit of a lag after a period of time?

I have flip flopped using a script line for the button; either with HSTouch or talking to the screen OS directly.

How do you imbed a YouTube video in your forum message?

I never did figure out how to do that.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
          The tablet seems very responsive - can you share the specifics?
          It is the new Homeseer tabletop WFFT07, I'm not sure whats under the hood but it is perfect for HSTouch.
          John

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            John,

Very nice!

How do the buttons work after not touching the screen for a few minutes?

Are they as responsive or is there a bit of a lag after a period of time?

I have flip flopped using a script line for the button; either with HSTouch or talking to the screen OS directly.

How do you imbed a YouTube video in your forum message?

I never did figure out how to do that.
            Pete, It seems to work perfectly so far, there is really no lag and it is just as responsive after hours of sitting. It is only killing the backlight so HSTouch keeps humming along unaware. I am very happy with it on a nightstand now, before I doubt I could have slept with it just dimmed.
            For YouTube I put the video # inside this "youtube]######[/youtube" (replace quotes with [ ] )and it worked fine. First time I tried it.
            John

Comment

Thank-you John.

Yes; here shut off the backlight at night. Here its the same with a button to manually shut it off or by default its on a event schedule that shuts off all of the touchscreens after 10 PM or so. I do also keep the sound muted.

Just received the HP/Intel mini manageable switch that fits in the wall plate behind the nightstands which will let me install the two tabletop touchscreens from one original cat5e run. Setting it up this week.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Awesome John!

Thanks for the scripts. I had my wall mounted tablets doing something similar (less the clock) but didn't realize it was possible to adjust the device brightness as well.

That was seriously bugging me before.

Comment

Even Easier Screen Control!

Not sure why I didn't try this earlier but the HSTouch Designer "Misc: Set Screen Brightness" action works perfectly to dim or turn off the backlight in the WFTT07. In this video, I added 2 actions to the clock element on the dashboard page.

Misc: Set Screen Brightness (set to 0.1)
                  Screen: Show a Screen by Itself (screen I named "Sleep")

The "Sleep" screen has a full size button on it. These are the actions I added to that button:

Screen: Show a Screen by Itself (screen I named "Dashboard")
                  Misc: Set Screen Brightness (set to 0.7)

That's it! works perfectly. Anytime I want to turn off the backlight, I just touch the clock element on the dashboard screen. Then, anytime I want to see the dashboard again, I touch the screen again.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I assume this is available only in Designer for HS3?
                    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
                      I assume this is available only in Designer for HS3?
                      I'm pretty sure the feature was added a few years ago but I can't check since I'm running the latest designer. If you have the HS2 designer, you can check by opening the action editor.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                        I'm pretty sure the feature was added a few years ago but I can't check since I'm running the latest designer. If you have the HS2 designer, you can check by opening the action editor.
                        Not in latest HS2 designer. Ability exists in HSTouch through scripts, but not in designer.

Fred
                        Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
                          Not in latest HS2 designer. Ability exists in HSTouch through scripts, but not in designer.

Fred
                          Make sure you'e using 1.0.0.76 designer. you can get that on the downloads page of our main site.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has asked what that is under the tablet. Oldie but goodie
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
                              I'm surprised no one has asked what that is under the tablet. Oldie but goodie
                              John
                              it's a pinball machine, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X