Screen Control Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Not sure why I didn't try this earlier but the HSTouch Designer "Misc: Set Screen Brightness" action works perfectly to dim or turn off the backlight in the WFTT07. ...

Misc: Set Screen Brightness (set to 0.1)
    Screen: Show a Screen by Itself (screen I named "Sleep")

The "Sleep" screen has a full size button on it. These are the actions I added to that button:

Screen: Show a Screen by Itself (screen I named "Dashboard")
    Misc: Set Screen Brightness (set to 0.7) ...
    Great Idea! Works perfectly.

Thanks Mark!

Now if I could only get HSTouch to stay connected ...
    -Skybolt

Comment

Screen Control Added to Standard WFTT07 Project

This was posted to another thread but applies here. We added this screen control feature to the standard project for this touchscreen. It will be available with the next Android update.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Mark - is there a corresponding Homeseer event action to 'press' that button? For example, to turn the screen off at say 10p?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          Hi Mark - is there a corresponding Homeseer event action to 'press' that button? For example, to turn the screen off at say 10p?
          Wow, great question and yes, you can do that. I just tried it. If you create an event and choose "HSTouch Actions: Simulate a press of an element", you can specify the screen and the element name. Then just set your trigger for the time you want. So, if you want the screen to turn off a 10 pm, this will do the trick.

Note: you can specify the HTouch client to do this with or choose all clients.

Comment

Mark,

I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these to see if my wife would use it. I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to take. The closest was in in wall unit, but she did not want me to cut the wall up.

So, my question is, can we get root access? I like to have Tasker running, which allows me to do some really cool things, but the best things to do will require root access.

I can see this unit being setup to allow me to read my TT-RSS server feeds, I already use a program on there call Overlays - which allows you to overlay widgets on top of things (without losing focus to the other programs). I use this to show my security camera video feeds on TOP of HSTouch, without having to push the video through HST (my cameras couldn't be hooked up to HST, tried everything and the closest I got was using Zoneminder to loop the video out to HST...but that was not very stable).

Thanks!

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
              So, my question is, can we get root access?
              See this thread.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166505

Comment

Rupp,

Thank you for that. Sounds like this guy is right up my alley.

Now, if I can get an IPOD sized "cheap" phone that is all white. I thought I found a few, but they don't seem to work terribly well.

I want to put those near light switches, so my wife suggested that she would want them to be the same - or as close as possible - size as the current Deco UPB switches. One reason that those WinCE units were so attractive to me oh-so-long ago.

I do own the IPOD plugin, but it just seems that if I am going to go all android, it would make things easier, as any "hacking" I've done to account for the android devices, should work across all devices - assuming they are all rooted :-)

Thanks again for the link! Now to save up my pennies to get one!

--Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
                X