Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WFTT07 Auto Disconnect

Hi,
    Anyone experience this WFTT07 automatically disconnected from the HS server? Any fix to maintain the connections?
    Please help...

I have 3 of these at home and they don't disconnect. Are you using HS3 and do you have the latest HSTouch server plug-in and Android clients loaded?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      I have 3 of these at home and they don't disconnect. Are you using HS3 and do you have the latest HSTouch server plug-in and Android clients loaded?
      Actually they do, all of the time, w/HS2 - Haven't tried HS3 yet. The only client the works is .77 at this point. I have a Bugzilla report and Rich has been working on it. Sorry Mark.
      -Skybolt

Comment

I hope this is not related to HS2. I just ordered two of these on sale. They will be going right back if this happens.
        -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
        Way2 Call
        Elk M1 Gold
        UPB HAI switches
        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
          I hope this is not related to HS2. I just ordered two of these on sale. They will be going right back if this happens.
          I've got 3 of these WFTT07 and they've not given me any problems. On different units I use default screens or custom screens for testing, and I'm still running HSPro2 (HSPhone main reason I can't upgrade to HS3 yet).

FWIW
          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

I have a bugzilla on this and Rich has been working on a fix. Curently .77 and possible .91 of the Android client fix this issue. The WFTT07 is a pretty stable device, I also have three now as well, running .77 of the client.
            -Skybolt

Comment

I'll be monitoring it closely. The reason I bought the Homeseer units because I'm tired of messing with cheap tablets. I expect them to work and keep working.
              -Tim

Way2 Call
              Elk M1 Gold
              UPB HAI switches
              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I'll be monitoring it closely. The reason I bought the Homeseer units because I'm tired of messing with cheap tablets. I expect them to work and keep working.
                Well compared to a Samsung Galaxy tablet, this IS a cheap tablet. However it is also a very functional one. Since Rich released .77 beta of the Android client I have been using these tablets exclusively w/HST in my theater room and mixed apps with my outdoor setup and things have been the best they ever have.

The Android and iOS versions have always been a little off from the
                Windows versions for me. I find the Windows versions to be the most stable of any release.

However my outdoors setup controls an awful lot of things and does so pretty well I can say. I am running "My Media Center" as a remote for the outdoor TV's, IP Cam Viewer and Sonos apps frequently. These ran all weekend without out a hiccup, including the theater ones which were not used for more then 36 hours and when I did use one they just worked, that hasn't happened t date , so the .91 released on Friday seem to be pretty good as well.
                -Skybolt

Comment

What I meant when I said "I'm tired of messing with cheap tablets" is that I want a vendor specific supported platform. That's why I'm ordering the Homeseer branded touch screens.

I would expect them to work and stay working.

I bought a black friday Polaroid tablet last year and have not been able to get it to work reliably at all. I can't get it to stay on/connected etc.

Funny that my best touchscreen for homeseer has been a modified/hacked nook. It stays on and connected without problems.

I'm looking forward to homeseers branded screens so I do not have to work to keep them working.
                  -Tim

Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

What I meant when I said "I'm tired of messing with cheap tablets" is that I want a vendor specific supported platform. That's why I'm ordering the Homeseer branded touch screens.

I would expect them to work and stay working.

I bought a black friday Polaroid tablet last year and have not been able to get it to work reliably at all. I can't get it to stay on/connected etc.

Funny that my best touchscreen for homeseer has been a modified/hacked nook. It stays on and connected without problems.

I'm looking forward to homeseers branded screens so I do not have to work to keep them working.
                    No Problem, I was just explaining my trials and tribulations with this tablet as well, It is finally working well at this point.

Yeah, there is something to be said for not having to mess with anything and having it just work. I think that is what HS's try with their generic app. Not a bad attempt actually.
                    -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                    X