WFTT07 unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WFTT07 unresponsive

Received the unit yesterday and went thru the setup sequence for all but the HSTouch Server without difficulties. I powered down the unit and attempted to continue this morning.

The unit booted OK, but it's stuck in the "Select Server" screen. The touch screen is unresponsive and I'm unable to proceed. The TOD clock is ticking and the screen orientation changes if I flip the unit. I noticed the WIFI icon in the notification area is missing even though I verified access to the Internet the day before. Other than the clock the battery icon is working.

Pressing the power button gets me to the shutdown screen, but the touchscreen is unresponsive and I can select the shutdown button. I can shut down by holding on the power button for a few seconds.

Any idea what might be happening?

WFTT07 unresponsive

I decided to power down _and_ disconnect the power cord. After a few hours I plugged it back and it seemed to come back OK (no WIFI though). I did a factory reset as that is suggested in other posts and I believe I'm back to yesterday's status.

I hate when things "fix themselves". Maybe the first order of business is to do a factory reset before doing anything else. Fingers crossed

Comment

I had one that acted similar to what you are describing. I thought it fixed itself and it failed again. I sent it back within the return policy for another one. The second one has been fine.

Keep an eye on it.
      -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
      Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Having problems similar to what you described. Frustrating. Will probably send it back.
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X