WFTT07-02 Screen Dimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WFTT07-02 Screen Dimming

Got mine in the mail today. I know it is hard to please everyone, but where did the "Dim Screen" icon go? I had planned to use this one on the nightstand in the bedroom but I need to dim the screen at bedtime. I could edit the screen and add the button but I do not have the project file. I guess it was a cost issue to not have the Play Store license, but side loading apps with a license fee attached is a real pain. I use Airbubble for my iTunes and I cannot seem to get the Airbubble license unlocker to work. If anyone uses a better app for Airplay capability (that does not require a license) please let me know.

Bob

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
    Got mine in the mail today. I know it is hard to please everyone, but where did the "Dim Screen" icon go? I had planned to use this one on the nightstand in the bedroom but I need to dim the screen at bedtime. I could edit the screen and add the button but I do not have the project file. I guess it was a cost issue to not have the Play Store license, but side loading apps with a license fee attached is a real pain. I use Airbubble for my iTunes and I cannot seem to get the Airbubble license unlocker to work. If anyone uses a better app for Airplay capability (that does not require a license) please let me know.

Bob
    The older screen was lower res but we could actually turn off the back lighting using HSTouch, so the dim feature worked nicely. With the new screen, we get a higher res display but we lost the ability to turn off the back lighting. However, there's a pretty good work around. Just tap the power switch on the top and the screen turns off. Tap it again and the display returns.

The Amazon store and side-loading apps are the only options for adding new apps.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The power button works sometimes. Most times I have to exit HSTouch to get the "Standby Mode" to work. I have worked with the new WFTT07 all night and I really hate to say it but it stinks. It is under powered, no internal memory and just does not work very well. My first WFTT07 runs circles around this one. I finally got the Airbubble (itunes Client) loaded and it will not play music without breaking up to the point that it is unusable. If I continue to allow the client to run it will crash the program. My original WFTT07 works perfect. I do not think this is a keeper. It only shows 1GB internal memory where the first one is 4GB. Not happy with this product.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you aren't happy. Ironically, my first gen touchscreen was a looser and I opted for this. Going to be very unhappy if this also is a looser. Can't believe that you can't dim the screen....
        Don

Comment

WFTT07-02 Screen Dimming

Hi, got the v2 tabletop today and started playing. I think the unit is nice...appliance type form factor and speakers work well for announcements. The screen however is a bit bright. I saw another post on not being able to dim through the HsTouch software with the new screen and have a series of random thoughts/questions on the topic:
          • Is there any way to adjust the brightness of the screen. I have seen this on some tablets but don't see anything on this in settings or any buttons that would do this.
          • The pre-installed clock seems to go to a "night mode" not sure if this is by dimming the backlight or just putting up a darker screen.
            • If the former, is there something like this that can be done in HsTouch.
            • If the latter, maybe a solution is to have a black screen as the home screen in the HsTouch template and have it default back after say 3 minutes. Then put a big transparent button on the black screen that takes you to the real home screen.

I of course saw the post that if you press the power button quickly the device screen goes off without turning off the tabletop. Nice but I don't want to have to press the button just to look at the screen...kind of feels anti-automation to me.

Really hoping that the screen itself is somehow dimmable but I am thinking it is not. I haven't seen any adjustments and I tried a screen app called keep screen on that should dim the screen after x minutes. It's always just at a bright level so I am guessing it is not dimmable.

If anyone at HST could shed any "light" on how the tabletop functions that would be great!

Comment

Mine came in yesterday so I'm playing with it today.

On other tablets, I just display a 'black' home screen after 'x' inactivity. The backlight is still enough to be somewhat bright in a dark room.

I'd like to know how others are doing this as well...
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
              The older screen was lower res but we could actually turn off the back lighting using HSTouch, so the dim feature worked nicely. With the new screen, we get a higher res display but we lost the ability to turn off the back lighting. However, there's a pretty good work around. Just tap the power switch on the top and the screen turns off. Tap it again and the display returns.

The Amazon store and side-loading apps are the only options for adding new apps.
              When I use the top button the screen does blank but after a while the device drops the WIFI connection... It takes a while to re-connect when you wake up the device and even longer for HSTouch to reload.
              HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

We can add the dim button back to the default project, if that's what everyone wants. That will display a black screen. However, as I said before, we can't turn off the screen back lighting with software.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                  Mine came in yesterday so I'm playing with it today.

On other tablets, I just display a 'black' home screen after 'x' inactivity. The backlight is still enough to be somewhat bright in a dark room.

I'd like to know how others are doing this as well...
                  Mine came on Saturday. I spent a few minutes trying to get the screen brightness down as low as it will go, but it's definitely very bright sitting on my nightstand. The only way it's useful at night in my bedroom is to activate the built in alarm clock and select night mode. That definitely tones it down quite a bit to the point where it's not like a blinding light in my face all night.

I've been having an issue with mine that caused me to have to turn off the touch clicks. With it on, the device would make all kinds of weird popping sounds any time I interacted with it. Even turning the volume most of the way down didn't help.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Comment

We can add the dim button back to the default project, if that's what everyone wants. That will display a black screen. However, as I said before, we can't turn off the screen back lighting with software.
                    I love using the top button, any way to disable the WIFI sleep thing associated with pressing that button?
                    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I suspect that many of us use the touchscreen for a bedside controller, and thus would find it very hard to live with a bright object next to our heads.

Please put the dim button back, or a way to call it from the designer.

Don

Comment

Mark

Is there any way to change the actual brightness of the display? I'm not looking to turn it off...rather just make it not as bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                          Mark

Is there any way to change the actual brightness of the display? I'm not looking to turn it off...rather just make it not as bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Exit HSTouch and go into settings. I set mine for auto-brightness.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            Exit HSTouch and go into settings. I set mine for auto-brightness.
                            Auto brightness doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                              Auto brightness doesn't seem to do anything for me.
                              Yeah, it doesnt seem to change based on ambient light. I suspect it doesnt have a light sensor, just the front facing camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X