Setting Static IP address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Static IP address

Where can I turn on the static address and set it? I have looked all over the settings and must be missing the obvious.
    Don

Static address for what?
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Hi Don,

You will have to exit HS and go to the "Settings" app. Select WiFi and when asked select "Forget Settings". Select your SSID for your wireless and at the bottom select "Advanced Settings". You can then disable DNS and set up a static IP address. Hope this was clear enough since I do not have a device in front of me to reference.

Bob

Comment

What I do for devices that I want a static ip address for is to set up a reservation/static address on my DHCP server for it. That way all static addresses are still manageable from one central place.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I do the same thing as Al - it's much easier to assign the DHCP address based on MAC from the router than the client.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks... never thought to go to forget settings.

Appreciate the help.

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
            Hi Don,

You will have to exit HS and go to the "Settings" app. Select WiFi and when asked select "Forget Settings". Select your SSID for your wireless and at the bottom select "Advanced Settings". You can then disable DNS and set up a static IP address. Hope this was clear enough since I do not have a device in front of me to reference.

Bob
            Don

Comment

Working...
            X