Questions about new Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about new Touchscreen

I am having several issus with my new touchscreen.
    1. How do I get foscams to show video. They work fine on the HSTouch project that came with the unit. But I want to do my own projects and haven't been able to get the cameras to show up. I can't find any support documents for this and I can't find a way to copy a screen that works from the project that came with the unit to my project.
    2. Installed Google Play store but it doesn't allow me to download any files.
    Why is this?
    3. I've tried to install the amazon app store apk but just get a message saying "Can't Open File".

Can anyone tell me how get these things working?

Can't help you with #1 but...

#2: No license to have the Play store on the device. I've installed the Play store on some Chinese imports without a problem, so something has been done to the OS to purposely not allow the Play to store to work. I'm not happy about this either but it is what it is. For now on I'll stick to buying the cheap imports to run HSTouch and do what I please with them without limitations.

#3: After downloading the Amazon app store, open up the file manager that comes with the tablet. It'll run from there and install just fine.

Hope this helps.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
      3. I've tried to install the amazon app store apk but just get a message saying "Can't Open File".
      If the file you downloaded has a zip extension, be sure to rename it to apk. (When I downloaded the Amazon apk it was a zip)
      Mike

Comment

Has apk extension but still can't open it. I have files from two sources and neither works.

Comment

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
          Can't help you with #1 but...

#2: No license to have the Play store on the device. I've installed the Play store on some Chinese imports without a problem, so something has been done to the OS to purposely not allow the Play to store to work. I'm not happy about this either but it is what it is. For now on I'll stick to buying the cheap imports to run HSTouch and do what I please with them without limitations.

#3: After downloading the Amazon app store, open up the file manager that comes with the tablet. It'll run from there and install just fine.

Hope this helps.
          Where do you get the Chinese imports? They sound like they have a better unit than HS.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7
            When I get to the file download page, it says I have an IOS device and that there are only d/ls for android devices. Doesn't make sense.
            I got it installed by downloading the apm to my laptop and emailing it to the unit.

Comment

Working...
            X