Two WFTT07 Independent Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two WFTT07 Independent Control

I have two WFTT07's. I want to make different events that are triggered by one or the other using the same Labeled button that is displayed on each. So if I push a Buttoned Labeled "Door Locks" I want to know which WFTT07 that command came from and trigger the event I want to run from that controller.
    I know I could upload different programs to each to overcome this issue but that just makes more work in keeping each up up to date as basically they are the same except for one action that I want to happen different depending on which controller the button was pushed.
    Is there away to tell which WFTT07 the command came from without each WFTT07 having different programs.

This is quite a common request but no, there is no way to do this without ending up more complicated than just deploying two separate projects. When you control the device it directly uses the CAPI interface to control the device, there is no ability to discover where that control has originated from in reality.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I am doing this a bit using Jon00's remote control application stuff.

Just relating to HSTouch clients I can poll them individually to validate that they are running the HS3 Client.

If you turn on HS3 Homeseer touch server debug logging you can see the communications between the clients and the Homeseer mothership.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X