How to open up a WFTT07?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to open up a WFTT07?

My Series 1 WFTT07 was acting all kinds of weird, so I did a "factory reset". Now it hangs on boot. I know from other posts that it's basicly "bricked" and since it's long out of warranty, there's no hope of HS replacing it. So I figured I'd take a look "under the hood" just to see what's in there. But there's no obvious way to open the case! Anyone know a method other than the one involving a sledgehammer?
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Solved it. There are four screws. Two under the round rubber feet on the bottom. Two at the top back under the small round plugs. Once removed, you can pry out the screen or pull it out with a suction cup.
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

were you able to get this going? I have a few. Bugs me that they are no longer supprted.
      Kirk

http://cleverhouseautomation.ca
      http://southcoastwebsitedesign.ca

Comment

Not so far. I've found info on how to re-image an Android tablet, but they all require use of the Volume buttons to start the process. Since the WFTT07 doesn't have any volume buttons, I'm kind of at a dead end. If someone could tell me how to get by that, I think it would be possible to save the image off a good unit and install it on the one that won't boot.
        Fred

Comment

I just had one of my 3 1st gen WFTT07 behave badly (bad WFTT07!) where it only shows the little Android guy at restart. I have had a similar problem with Archos branded tablets. Apparently Archos tablets will not power up until the battery has sufficient voltage to power it up. That means if the battery goes bad and won't charge up to a minimum voltage then the tablet won't boot up at all.

Going on that assumption, I am going to attempt to find a new battery, replace it, and see if that gets it booting. If that isn't successful, then I'll try a similar fix that works on the Archos tablets of bypassing the battery with a diode.

Give me a week or two to play with this and I'll report back my results.
          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

That's an encouraging thought! I'll keep my fingers crossed.
            Fred

Comment

You guys are WAY brave!
              Don

Comment

Geek courage, dude!!
                Fred

Comment

Working...
                X