Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Z-Troller still works with HS3Pro? ZWave plus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Z-Troller still works with HS3Pro? ZWave plus?

Sadly, i bought the Z-troller just before it was deem legacy, and before i was able to fully utilize it. I am now planning to start my build after purchasing HS3Pro few years ago, so I am wondering if the Z-Troller will work with all the Z-Wave and Z-Wave plus switches I have?

I had to replace mine when I started to add Z-Wave plus items to my network:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ns?view=thread

the SmartStick+ has been working great

Comment

Z-troller will work. I had one in my HS2 days and migrated to HS3. I replaced it shortly after because I was getting some Z-wave queue issues. The Z-net is by far better and in my opinion, worth the price to upgrade.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I’m still using a Z-troller with HS3 Pro, with very basic lighting and motion sensing. Works fine, though I will likely upgrade at some point to take full advantage of my z-wave plus devices.

Mike

Comment

Thanks, guess will start with it before I try the new stick, guess just waste ~$100 for something that got deprecated soon after...

Comment

I still use my z-troller as a rudimentary troubleshooting tool as it shows the node number of the device that is transmitting. Helps pinpoint if a device is mis-configured or mis-behaving and generating too much traffic. I also keep it as a spare in case my z-net dies, although at some point I will buy another z-net or build something equivalent.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X