Z-Troller HS3 Not configuring Switches properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Troller HS3 Not configuring Switches properly

Setting up a ZWave network in a new home and decided to start fresh with HS3. Still using the old Z-Troller but it is not getting the proper class of some devices including a thermostat and switches which come up as Binary and not dimmable. These switches do not respond to on/off either but if I revert to HS2 they are configured and operate properly w the Z-Troller. Quiet frustrating as all worked fine in the old house.

Thanks for any suggestions
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.534 (Windows)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station

HS3 logs:
    Jul-28 10:18:29 AM Z-Wave Node 3 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 2.24 App: 2.21
    Jul-28 10:18:29 AM Z-Wave Node: 3 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL, PROTECTION, POWERLEVEL, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, NODE_NAMING
    Jul-28 10:33:05 AM Z-Wave Warning Node 5, EndPoint=-1 Multilevel Sensor Report was not received (B) - the child device will NOT be configured properly.
    Jul-28 10:32:59 AM Z-Wave Node 5 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 2.09 App: 0.4
    Jul-28 10:32:59 AM Z-Wave Node: 5 Supports Class(es): THERMOSTAT_MODE_V3, THERMOSTAT_OPERATING_STATE_V2, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT, THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE_V2, THERMOSTAT_FAN_STATE, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, MULTI_CMD, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, ASSOCIATION, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, POWERLEVEL, CLOCK
    Jul-28 10:32:59 AM Z-Wave Node 3 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 2.24 App: 2.21
    Jul-28 10:32:58 AM Z-Wave Node: 3 Supports Class(es): SWITCH_BINARY, SWITCH_ALL, PROTECTION, POWERLEVEL, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, NODE_NAMING
    Jul-28 10:32:58 AM Z-Wave Warning Node 13 does not support the manufacturer specific command class - it is either a really old device or there was a communications problem.
    Jul-28 10:32:58 AM Z-Wave Warning Node 10 does not support the manufacturer specific command class - it is either a really old device or there was a communications problem.
    Jul-28 10:32:58 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 5, ID: 29=1DH (Leviton), Type: 1281=501H, ID: 521=209H
    Jul-28 10:32:58 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 5, ID: 29=1DH (Leviton), Type: 1281=501H, ID: 521=209H

What is the latest firmware version? I downloaded the Z-Troller 1.17 updater from the legacy site but the updater indicates that the loaded version is 1.5

Comment

1.17 is the latest (and probably last) firmware for the Z-Troller.
      When I moved to HS3 in April, I found the Z-Troller couldn't properly handle most of the latest devices I needed to use (also the reason for the need of HS3 here), so I bit the bullet and went with a Z-Stick+.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Yes, the Z-Troller is a bit old to handle the needs of most newer Z-Wave devices. I'd recommend a Z-Stick as well.
        https://shop.homeseer.com/products/z-wave-usb-stick
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X