Z-troller swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-troller swap

I need to swap the existing Z-Troller with a new one. What is the best way to do this without having to capture all the nodes and re-program the HSTouch interface, etc.
    Appreciate any help I can get...Cheers

Navigate to the Z-Wave Management Page (Setup>Interfaces>Manage Button) and click the "backup network" button to backup your original Z-Troller’s network information to a file. Switch out the Z-Trollers and restart HomeSeer then using the path above, click the "restore network" button to restore your Z-Wave network back to your new Z-Troller. Restart HomeSeer.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think all you need to do is just backup the first controller, then restore that backup to the new controller.

Now as I type this, I'm wondering if the unique Home ID on the Ztroller is transferred or not during a restore. You might have to test this for us
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks guys. Will do as recommended and post results.

Comment

moving from a Z-Stick to a Z-troller.. can the move be as easy as backing up the stick and downloading to the troller ???
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
            moving from a Z-Stick to a Z-troller.. can the move be as easy as backing up the stick and downloading to the troller ???
            cmon u want it that easy!?!?!!?!??!

hope it is that easy for ya!

im gonna redo my ENTIRE HS install including wiping my z-troller!!!! and nodes
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
              cmon u want it that easy!?!?!!?!??!

hope it is that easy for ya!

im gonna redo my ENTIRE HS install including wiping my z-troller!!!! and nodes
              deserve easy.. just upgraded my DSC 1832 to ver 4.6, still not up

Comment

Sorry but this is not possible. The Z-Stick does not have the "installer" library and that is required to do a network backup.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Sorry but this is not possible. The Z-Stick does not have the "installer" library and that is required to do a network backup.
                  soooo.. I will be starting from a blank slate ? re-enroll every node ?

Comment

soooo.. I will be starting from a blank slate ? re-enroll every node ?
                    Correct and don't forget to use the delete functionality prior to adding the devices to your new controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Correct and don't forget to use the delete functionality prior to adding the devices to your new controller.
                      and i did this why

ok.. using HS, delete all devices, change controller, add all nodes to new controller...

the instructions say I can use the Z-troller to delete the old nodes, then re-add ??
                      Last edited by gearyt; April 17, 2013, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I am missing something

went from node to node, removed using z-tool
                        went back to HS box. did import
                        did rescan
                        did optimize

all the nodes still show on who am I
                        but optimize shows I removed nodes, count down from 32 to 14 ???

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

do I need to go to status page and delete each node I removed from controller ?

Comment

moving on.. just noticed
                            I have been removing "devices" not removing "nodes"
                            is this where I went south ??

Comment

On a related note:
                              When I look inside the backup file, I only see what looks like Zwave and HS config values, nothing that would look like a routing table.

I'm assuming the internal routing table will be lost if a new controller is installed (ie your network will probably be unstable for some time until the controller relearns all of the routes (ie multiple Optimize??))

Z

Comment

Working...
                              X