ZWSTAT Thermostat -> Z-Troller ... missing something simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZWSTAT Thermostat -> Z-Troller ... missing something simple

Hey guys ... I've finally got my ZWSTAT thermostat installed and I've followed the Z-Wave connection instructions with no success. The Z-Troller scans then stops and displays 6 50 ... the ZWSTAT just sits saying "Adding device ... wait". Five minutes of waiting and no apparent connection.

Here's what I did:
    1. Turn thermostat to rf10
    2. Hold down ADD/SCAN on Z-Troller
    3. Press 1 on thermostat to initiate the connection
    ... eventually, the Z-Troller goes to sleep and nothing changes on the thermostat. I also tried flipping step 2 & 3 ... same result.

I know I must be missing something easy. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance!

Thermostats need to be added with the Z-Troller attached to the HS computer and use the Z-Wave management functionality.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey, Rupp ... so, I would leave the Z-Troller plugged into HS and try to connect it up with the ZWSTAT? Is that right?

Comment

I'm not finding how to connect up the ZWSTAT to Z-Wave. Are there steps somewhere?

Comment

Try removing the zwstat from the network before adding it - have seen numerous devices from manufacturers already on a network.

1. Turn thermostat to rf10
          2. Hold down Delete on the Z-Troller
          3. To remove the thermostat from the Z-Wave network select 0.

Comment

Originally posted by SkizzlePig View Post
            I'm not finding how to connect up the ZWSTAT to Z-Wave. Are there steps somewhere?
            It depends on your stat. There should be instructions that came with the stat that states how to include the device in the network.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Thermostats need to be added with the Z-Troller attached to the HS computer and use the Z-Wave management functionality.
              There should be instructions that came with the stat that states how to include the device in the network.
              Thanks for the continued help, Rupp.

Here are the instructions I've been gvien:
              1. The instructions with the Z-Troller say to disconnect it from HS and take it to the device to add it.
              2. The instructions with the ZWSTAT say to press the "INCLUDE" button on the Z-Wave Controller ... there's no INCLUDE, just ADD/SCAN, which doesn't accomplish the mission.
              3. In the quote above, you directed me to not disconnect the Z-Troller, but use the Z-Wave management functionality.

I have NO idea how to proceed as all three of those instructions contridict each other in some respect.

I'm at a complete loss ... and I'm a software engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by SkizzlePig View Post
                1. The instructions with the Z-Troller say to disconnect it from HS and take it to the device to add it.

2. The instructions with the ZWSTAT say to press the "INCLUDE" button on the Z-Wave Controller ... there's no INCLUDE, just ADD/SCAN, which doesn't accomplish the mission.
                The Add/Scan button on the Z-Troller is the Include button - Press and hold - Z-Troller display will read Add
                3. In the quote above, you directed me to not disconnect the Z-Troller, but use the Z-Wave management functionality.
                Not sure why this was stated only have had to do this with certain Z-Wave Locks(kwikset and yale) never with a thermostat from any manufacturer
                I have NO idea how to proceed as all three of those instructions contridict each other in some respect.

I'm at a complete loss ... and I'm a software engineer.
                As stated above you might try deleteing from the network(resetting the Z-Wave chip) before trying to add it to your network - what could it hurt

Comment

Hey, guys ... as a test, I bought a wall plug Z-Wave device ... hoping to isolate which (the Z-Troller or the ZWSTAT) is not functioning properly.

The Z-Troller connected up without issue to the binary wall plug, sooooo ... I guess it's the ZWSTAT that has the issue. Either the ZWSTAT or me.

Additional help would be appreciated ... I'm about to give up.

Comment

Working...
                  X