Can't add GE lamp module to Z-Troller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't add GE lamp module to Z-Troller

4 GE ZW3101 lamp modules (aka GE 45602) just received today, bought from HomeSeer: http://store.homeseer.com/store/GE-4...P1198C189.aspx.

They all control a lamp properly with the manual button on the unit. But none of them are recognized by the Z-Troller. I don't even get a failed message.

And yes, deleted then add the devices, even went to clear/restore the Z-Troller and zilch. I can press delete or add on the troller for minutes without getting anything at all with those devices. Scan say nothing either.

Oddly enough, I can delete/add/scan my other already existing devices.

For reference, using HS Pro 2.5, Z-Troller firmware revision is 1.16.

Not happy and not impressed at all so far with setting up anything ZWave. It's always complicated, clunky and clumsy to do. Very frustrating. But at least, once you get it setup, it's reliable.

Any suggestions?

On the same order, I got the GE 45601 advanced remote and I easily added one of the lamp module to it. Dimming is a bit cumbersome with the remote but it does turn the lamp on and off...
    Last edited by zguy; September 10, 2013, 03:22 PM. Reason: Added info about the remote.

The Z-Troller might be in a bad state. Remove the batteries from the Z-Troller, disconnect it from AC power and let it sit for a minute. Then, insert batteries again, delete the nodes and then try re-adding them.
    Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      The Z-Troller might be in a bad state. Remove the batteries from the Z-Troller, disconnect it from AC power and let it sit for a minute. Then, insert batteries again, delete the nodes and then try re-adding them.
      Well, nice try but no cigar.

I do have a slightly different response from the Z-Troller though. Trying to delete does nothing... But when I press the add button, it now first shows "00" before showing the "add" message.

But keeping pressure on the add button does not yield to the device registering nor any response.

Comment

Working...
      X