Z-Troller works fine under HS2 but keeps requiring reconnects under HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Troller works fine under HS2 but keeps requiring reconnects under HS3

My Z-Troller works fine under HS2 but under HS3 it gets into this mode (see log snippet below). Does anyone know why? Thanks in advance.

Oct-03 4:33:30 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave PC Controller is Type: Installer

Oct-03 4:33:30 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version: Z-Wave 2.31 (ZDK 4.25)

Oct-03 4:33:30 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Found 38 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (HomeSeer Z-Troller)

Oct-03 4:33:30 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: 003D0C7C

Oct-03 4:33:30 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave Serial API version: 4

Oct-03 4:33:25 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Controller firmware version: 128.61

Oct-03 4:33:25 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Controller Manufacturer: UNKNOWN, ID=0xEF, Type=0xCF

Oct-03 4:33:25 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Getting node information from controller...
    Oct-03 4:33:24 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.227, connected to interface ok.

Oct-03 4:33:24 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.227...

Oct-03 4:33:23 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: The HomeSeer Z-Troller interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning.

Oct-03 4:33:23 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Getting node information from controller...

Oct-03 4:33:23 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.227, connected to interface ok.

Oct-03 4:33:22 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.227...

Oct-03 4:33:21 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: The HomeSeer Z-Troller interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning.

Oct-03 4:33:21 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Getting node information from controller...

Oct-03 4:33:21 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.227, connected to interface ok.

Oct-03 4:33:20 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.227...

Oct-03 4:33:20 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: The HomeSeer Z-Troller interface did not respond to the request for the controller capabilities - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning.

Oct-03 4:33:20 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Getting node information from controller...

Oct-03 4:33:20 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.227, connected to interface ok.

Oct-03 4:33:19 PM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.227...

I removed batteries from Z-Troller as suggested elsewhere. Since then my HS3 log has been periodically reporting the following. Anyone know why?

Oct-04 5:03:30 PM Z-Wave HomeSeer Z-Troller: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.227, connected to interface ok.

Oct-04 5:03:30 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Kitchen Floor Kitchen Kitchen sink light

Oct-04 5:03:30 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.227: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Comment

What hardware are you connecting the Z-Troller to?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

I have it connected to a SENA LS100 Serial to Ethernet device.

Comment

Seems this error is occurring every 10 minutes...

Oct-05 7:40:11 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.227: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Oct-05 7:30:17 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.227: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Oct-05 7:19:57 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.227: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Oct-05 7:09:39 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.227: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Oct-05 6:59:21 PM Z-Wave Error HomeSeer Z-Troller: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.227: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Comment

I checked my Z-Wave Controller Configuration and there appears to be an extra network with an error message in red "This network has no active interfaces enabled for it..." (See attached picture). Could this be the problem? Should I click the 'Remove Network' button?
            Attached Files

Comment

I checked my Z-Wave Controller Configuration and there appears to be an extra network with an error message in red "This network has no active interfaces enabled for it..." (See attached picture). Could this be the problem? Should I click the 'Remove Network' button?

Yeah delete the extra non active / non connected Z-wave interface. Looks too that you might have scrambled the Z-Wave HS3 DB.

You can also back up your configuration if you want to delete both and reconnect to the single interface.

Best first to check out the transport relating to both the hardware and software.

Start slow testing a direct serial connection to your PC with the Z-Troller.

Here I have left my Z-Troller connected to a Quatech serial server on my network.

Does the Z-Troller work fine serially connected to Homeseer 3? A serial connection to the Z-Troller is very simple. A serial connection to a network serial server adds more pieces between Homeseer and the Z-Troller.

(1)Homeseer 3 ==> (2)software network serial emulation ==> (3)network ==> (4)serial server ==> (5)Z-Troller.

Here you want to connect #1 to #5 to test hardware first.

You want to rule out any issues with any piece of connection.
              Last edited by Pete; October 6, 2015, 08:53 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 20.04 / VB W7e Jetway JBC420U591
              Fanless IntelĀ® Celeron N3160 SoC 8Gb
              HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 20.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by twking View Post
                Should I click the 'Remove Network' button?
                Yes, you shouldn't have two. You may want to delete both and re-add the interface.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Deleting the interfaces and adding the Z-Troller back in was a little scary and tricky to figure out. Main thing was to disable the Z-Wave plug-in and then re-enable before the Controller Management screen updated and looked ok. Thank goodness all these events didn't need editing (Been doing that for days as I'm porting HS2 to HS3). I did back up the Z-Troller interface data but later, I think in the popup text for the Restore action saw a note on the screen noting that the restore function was only supported for Z-Net and a USB interface but not the Z-Troller. Fortunately the Z-Troller still had its' node information to read back in and I didn't use an action that would have cleared it. Unfortunately the errors kept occurring. So I did the work to delete the interface again but to add the Z-Troller via the Com port (Had to bump off a weather station interface). Connecting the Z-Troller directly cleared up the errors. Why the serial-to-ethernet device result in these errors? Is HS3 more demanding (timing) or exacting (protocol)?

Comment

For the record I broke down and bought a Z-Net which works fine under HomeSeer 3. My Z-Troller continues to work fine under HomeSeer 2.

Been using Jon00's connector to run both HS2 and HS3 as it became obvious that migrating to HS3 is a major project as I'm now experiencing issues with using my Ocelot interfaces under HomeSeer 3 (See separate posting elsewhere). Starting to wonder about why I'm migrating to HS3.

Comment

Working...
                    X