looking for one-button remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for one-button remote

I've been searching for a one-button (or small number of buttons) remote that is weatherproof. I want to turn off outdoor lights, or other scenes, from my spa.
    I've looked at Aeon Labs key fob and Fibaro "button", but neither seems very reliable based on reviews. The Nanomote looks exactly what I need but it is not yet available. There's also the 4-button key fob from ZWave.me

Has anyone had experience with any of these or other products? Any thoughts? Thanks

Originally posted by HabAttack View Post
    I've been searching for a one-button (or small number of buttons) remote that is weatherproof. I want to turn off outdoor lights, or other scenes, from my spa.
    I've looked at Aeon Labs key fob and Fibaro "button", but neither seems very reliable based on reviews. The Nanomote looks exactly what I need but it is not yet available. There's also the 4-button key fob from ZWave.me

Has anyone had experience with any of these or other products? Any thoughts? Thanks
    I don't know...I have the Fibaro "Button"...I got the red one for the wife... she approves of it. What I have found from the reviews out there are they are generally all from "other" systems and they have to do special Device Handlers and other custom setup for a Scene Controller to work with them. I didn't have any problems with The Button with Vera or with Homeseer.

There is a trick... maybe issue, but nature of the beast with the Fibaro button devices that they don't stay awake very long so the pairing process if you don't know the trick is a nightmare.

Hit the button like 6-10 times to enter pairing and then again every couple seconds during pairing... otherwise the button goes back to sleep.

Comment

Jeubanks - I've been looking at the red Fibaro Button. The reviews are mixed about reliability. I too need a mounted, outside switch or button.

I want to use two functions, single click, and multiple click (2 - 5 pushes) for two different scenes. Several older reviews Amazon says it goes to sleep making if difficult to use multi-click.

How has been your experience? How long has yours been operating?

Comment

Originally posted by HabAttack View Post

I just found these last night from Hank

This is a ONE button 2 action. Single press and long press.
        https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...ler-hkzw-scn01

This is a 4 button version with Single Press and Long Press of each button
        https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...ler-hkzw-scn04

I've been thinking of uses for them as well. I currently use the Fibaro button for novelty sound effects... works great and I have a Fibaro KeyFob LOTS of buttons and I use Lutron Pico remotes for stuff as well and they are great and CHEAP!

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
          I use Lutron Pico remotes for stuff as well and they are great and CHEAP!
          Is that with the Smart Bridge Pro and Caseta plugin, or is there another way to use them with HS3? I have a couple that were paired with switches but never had a hub. Would like to make use of them but not enough to spend the $ on the hub.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
            Is that with the Smart Bridge Pro and Caseta plugin, or is there another way to use them with HS3? I have a couple that were paired with switches but never had a hub. Would like to make use of them but not enough to spend the $ on the hub.
            With Caseta PRO bridge and Plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by krementz View Post
              Jeubanks - I've been looking at the red Fibaro Button. The reviews are mixed about reliability. I too need a mounted, outside switch or button.

I want to use two functions, single click, and multiple click (2 - 5 pushes) for two different scenes. Several older reviews Amazon says it goes to sleep making if difficult to use multi-click.

How has been your experience? How long has yours been operating?
              I haven't had any issues with my Fibaro Button. Pairing is somewhat of a pain just keep clicking it though and it pairs. It does go to sleep but not super fast so doing the multiple clicks isn't a problem after it's awake. Sometimes I have to hit it once to wake it and then hit it again to do something.

Comment

Are you an Amazon Echo user? You could just get a Dot and use voice commands possibly?
                --------------------------------------------------
                **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Been starting to tinker with the SonOff basic WiFi module modded with Tasmota.

They do sell a combo Wifi and Keyfob (using 400Mhz?) device that you could incorporate for a single or multiple light Wifi Switch using Mosquitto.

Cost for said combo switch with FOB would be less than $50 USD.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

The Hank buttons don't work with HS.
                      I tried the single-button version, and the Four-button is mentioned here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1332895#post1332895
                      I contacted Support but the poor engineer-guy has been in a meeting for at least a week now; and so, it's unlikely that anything will happen.

The button works with Hubitat, if you feel like MQTTing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vit View Post
                        The Hank buttons don't work with HS.
                        I tried the single-button version, and the Four-button is mentioned here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...95#post1332895
                        I contacted Support but the poor engineer-guy has been in a meeting for at least a week now; and so, it's unlikely that anything will happen.

The button works with Hubitat, if you feel like MQTTing in.
                        See... now this is something that is killing me.

Why can Home Assistant and Hubitat support so much more than HomeSeer?

This is the ONE thing still that is setting Home Assistant, Hubitat and SmartThings apart from HomeSeer. The USER ability to create/modify DRIVERS!

With Hubitat and SmartThings it's trivial as there's the API Wrapper that is used and not direct z-wave. Home Assistant though is still some direct but mostly modification, updates to the xml files used by the z-wave api to support the devices as the same with OpenHab2. It would be nice to have the same ability in HS. If we can do that with HS and I'm missing it somehow PLEASE share!

Seems that HS is in the Vera camp of being the only ones that don't have a way for the users/developers to integrate devices themselves and at the "mercy" of the Grand OverSeer's

Comment

Hubitat can also implement ZigBee but for HS, it is, for whatever the reason, impossible.

BTW, the button is not perfect but I think I like it. it is cute, fast and rechargeable.
                          Debouncing is a little too aggressive for double-click detection but passable.
                          Last edited by Vit; June 23, 2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vit View Post
                            Hubitat can also implement ZigBee but for HS it is, for whatever the reason, impossible.

BTW, the button is not perfect but I think I like it. it is cute, fast and rechargeable.
                            Debouncing is a little too aggressive for double-click detection but passable.
                            Yes Hubitat supports ZigBee by use of the HUSBZB-1 USB stick they use. I also have a Hubitat (early Hubitat user also). Same with Home Assistant with use of the same USB stick or with deCONZ. Why HS hasn't joined up with using/expanding deCONZ is BEYOND me. It's the straight to the point ready made solution begging to be integrated. JowiHue plugin has done a great job of integrating with deCONZ....

Ok off my rant for now... I'll take it back to the HSZigbee Beta thread!

Comment

my hank 1 and 4 button remotes work fine

Comment

Working...
                              X