Z-Tool+ Not Connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Tool+ Not Connecting

Just got into my new house; have my SmartStick added properly to my new Windows Server where I'm running HS3. But when I boot z-tool+ on my iphone and select the server, all the buttons stay gray. Eventually I get an error that says it couldn't connect.

Maybe I have to allow a port on the Windows Server default firewall or something?

If it helps, Z-wave plugin is version 3.0.1.190, and HS3 is 3.0.0.435.

Comment

The error I get is "error connecting to homeseer, version 3.0.0.194 or later required, or JSON disabled:An error occurred while sending the request".

Comment

Hey larrywal32 - did you figure out this problem?
        I am having the same issue.

Comment

I am having the same problem. I just spent like 30 emails going back and forth with Homeseer support, and they cannot figure out what is going on. They finally said just use HS3 directly instead of the z-tool .... this sucks .... has anyone figured out what the problem is yet? I get the same error on iPhone as well as Android tablet. Yet, the mobile HS3 app works just fine... just the z-tool. Also, the Z-net device is working fine. All the zwave events are working, and I can add/remove devices from HS3 just fine. Three months ago this used to work, and now it just stopped working. I have been through all the firewall questions, etc, etc ... frustrating

Comment

I am having the same issue after updating router to pfsense. I found another thread saying port 11000 (JSON homeseer port) needs to be opened. I haven't found a way to get the two devices working yet but hopefully this information can help get an answer on how to get it working again.

Comment

Working...
            X