I am starting out and need Z-Wave or Insteon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am starting out and need Z-Wave or Insteon

I am not sure what is best. I want to turn on lights and see what is on from my phone. Thank you.

Either will work with HS3 and both will work at the same time so try Z-Wave and if you do not like it switch to Insteon or the other way around.
    The HomeSeer switches are really nice and offer the ability to trigger events based on double and triple taps.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

thank you -Rupp. I will begin with Z-wave is looks to be more the popular one

Comment

what is good for 100 more? I could afford but it must have many more ability!

Boris Click image for larger version

Name:	zwavepikture.PNG
Views:	110
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1243238

Comment

I like the SmartStick+ - not entirely sure the advantages of the Z-NET - I think it can go on ethernet so it can be located in a better area if needed for reception.

Comment

I have multiples of each

The Z-Net gives the flexibility of placing it where you need the coverage. Even with Z-Wave routing there's still places it can't reach or you have non-routing devices. The SmartStick+ is a great way to start and expand with a Z-Net if you find you have the need.

Remember that only "Powered" devices route Z-Wave messages and not battery operated devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
              not entirely sure the advantages of the Z-NET
              • Flexibility of placement (independent of HS3/HomeTroller location)
              • Unlimited system scale-ability. Each Z-NET supports up to 232 devices. HS3 supports multiple Z-NETs
              • Unlimited range. Z-NETs may be controlled anywhere a data connection exists, on LANs or via WAN.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                • Unlimited system scale-ability. Each Z-NET supports up to 232 devices. HS3 supports multiple Z-NETs
                • Unlimited range. Z-NETs may be controlled anywhere a data connection exists, on LANs or via WAN.
                • Works without issues in a Virtual Machine setup. (No hassle/problems with doing USB passthrough)

Comment

Good stuff - how about those extra USB slots - ? Can those be utilized for something neat?
                  Can I move from my HS SmartStick without a major rebuild of my existing devices / network?

Comment

Good stuff - how about those extra USB slots - ? Can those be utilized for something neat?
                    Can I move from my HS SmartStick without a major rebuild of my existing devices / network?
                    And finally, can I keep the SmartStick "updated" for use as a hot spare? I don't know about the OP - but I'm about to pull the trigger, depending.

Comment

USB ports are for use with external USB Z-Wave dongles (for international users). You can backup your Z-Wave network from the SmartStick+ and restore it to the Z-NET. Pretty easy to do.

Comment

Sold! - Thank you.

Comment

USB ports are for use with external USB Z-Wave dongles (for international users). You can backup your Z-Wave network from the SmartStick+ and restore it to the Z-NET. Pretty easy to do.
                          macromark

I purchased the Z-Net / downloaded the Instruction guide and now am reminded of my Z-Wave circumstance. (Manual encourages installing latest Z-Wave beta)

I have some HS-FLS100+ which I purchased and cannot use due to being stuck @ version .190 per support.

Can I get some love for Support ticket 26019?

Comment

macromark

I purchased the Z-Net / downloaded the Instruction guide and now am reminded of my Z-Wave circumstance. (Manual encourages installing latest Z-Wave beta)

I have some HS-FLS100+ which I purchased and cannot use due to being stuck @ version .190 per support.

Can I get some love for Support ticket 26019?
                            This would be the procedure. You would just be using it to go from the SmartStick to the Z-NET

Comment

This would be the procedure. You would just be using it to go from the SmartStick to the Z-NET

I get that - thanks anyway, I'll continue to support HomeSeer and a couple hundred bucks here and there isn't a big deal. I'll be patient waiting for resolution.

Comment

Working...
                              X