Migrate from Aeotec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrate from Aeotec

I'm considering moving from Aeotec z-wave sticks to SmartStick+. Is that possible without having to rebuild the network from scratch?

Should be able to add the SmartStick+ as a secondary, copy the network and then promote the SmartStick+ to primary.

Comment

Originally posted by politby View Post
      I'm considering moving from Aeotec z-wave sticks to SmartStick+. Is that possible without having to rebuild the network from scratch?
      I'm also making the migration to see if the network stability will improve over my Aeotec. Too many system crashes with the old stick. I'm still in the middle of the migration. They send directions with the SmartStick+ but it's just backing up your old stick, replacing it with the new one, and restoring to the new one.

It's taken a few repeat actions but the backup / restore seems to be working. Haven't tested locks yet to see if the security keys came over as well.

Edit: All the locks came over fine as well so pretty seamless transfer. I did end up rescanning the stick and having to delete some duplicate node devices but that was also legacy to some issues I had with the Aeotec stick

Comment

Working...
      X