Z-wave configuration file backup location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave configuration file backup location

I am trying to back-up my Z-wave configuration file, good news is that the backup file is stored, the bad news is I have no clue where. I searched for this file Zwave_12_28_2018 in my PC and it is nowhere to be found, help. USR/Local is not my language, just don't understand.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181013_021834589.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1270303

This is a Linux installation so the location is (from the root) /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/Z-Wave/

This will be the location the plug-in will look for the backup when you need to restore. You ou will need to use Putty, WinSCP or the tool of your choice to copy it out of the unit to another device or media.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Looks like HS is running on a linux type device. You would have to connect to it using something like WinSCP. It is not stored on the computer who's broswer you used to connect to the HS server. What type of HS server is it? A Zee?

'
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you for replies. I am using the Homeseer system for the last 2 years on the PC with Windows 10. The HomeSeer SmartStick+ is plugged into the HomeTroller Zee S2, software version HS3 ZEE S2 edition 3.0.0.475.

Linux is unfortunately a foreign language for me. I saved HS3 ZEE S2 configuration file on the PC but not Z-Wave. I assume that for as long as I will be using the same Z-wave plug I will be OK, the config file likely resides on the USB device. But if it goes kaput or I will change it to a new device I could be in trouble.

Comment

It does not reside on the stick. Download WinSCP and you can connect to the Zee S2 with it. WinSCP shows a Windows explorer like interface and you can just drag and drop files between your Windows PC and the Zee. You’ll need the username and password for the Zee (not the HA username and password). You can obtain it from HS support if you don’t already have it.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

After you run the Z-Wave backup, run a configuration backup (Tool->Setup Backup Config). The downloaded zipfile contains the Z-Wave backup files.

To see, open the downloaded zipfile, then Data.zip->Z-Wave. You will see all the Znet_*.Zwave files there.

Comment

Working...
            X