Renumber nodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renumber nodes

Is it possible to re-number nodes such that they can be in logical groupings? For instance, I want all of my Somfy blinds in the living room to be sequentially numbered (Node 1 - 7), then in the dining room (Node 10 - 12), then the family room, etc.

I'm new to Homeseer, so in discovering, removing, re-discovering, etc. my Node numbers are all over the place, and its buggin' my OCD (CDO? ).

No, node numbers cannot be changed--other than remove and re-add and get another auto-assigned one.
    -Wade

Comment

The only way to do it is to remove them all, reinitialize the interface and then re-add them in sequence and hope you never have a failed node, or add a new one. Getting gaps in between that are reusable when you want to use them for a specific location is even more difficult. It's absolutely not worth it in my opinion. How often are you looking at node numbers that your OCD is kicking in? Once it is all set up and you have given everything proper names, you rarely need to look at anything associated with the node numbers.
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I agree with Sparkman, you hardly ever deal with the node numbers. Do you have a particular reason why you want them in sequence?

Comment

Working...
        X