Adding Z-wave devices into Smartstick+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Z-wave devices into Smartstick+

I recently upgraded from a Z-troller to the Smartsitck+. I was able to backup and setup the Smartstick+ without a problem. I also purchased 2 of the HS-FLS100+ Floodlights. I Installed one of the floodlights and tried to add it into my network but I could not because it was too far from the Smartstick+. In the past I would disconnect the Z-troller and take it to the location I am installing the new Z-Wave device. Can I use the Z-troller just for installing new Z-Wave devices?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

I think the way you would have to do it is backup your Smartstick, restore the config to the Z-Troller, add the new device to the Z-Troller, back up the config and then restore to the Smartstick. You will likely need to re-optimize your network after all this. It may be faster to temporarily connect the FLS100+ to an electrical source close to your HS computer (which is how I typically add new line powered devices). Also, do you have the Smartstick plugged in directly into the HS computer? You can try a long USB cable as well to get the Smartstick closer or up higher. It's good practice to have the Smartstick at least a few feet away from the computer depending on how and where it is situated.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman,

Great idea, I will make up a generic AC power cord (I have plenty from old computer power supplies) and wire up my floodlights! I have my Smartstick connected to my HS computer via a 25' USB Extender cable. My HS computer is located in the upper level corner of my home, by extending the USB I made it closer to the center. Everything has been working good so far. Thank You for your great idea!

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
      X