315 MHz Transmitter / Reciever needed for Mertik Maxitrol Gas Fire Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

315 MHz Transmitter / Reciever needed for Mertik Maxitrol Gas Fire Place

I recently installed a Empire gas fireplace model VFRL to provide auxiliary heat to the house. It is controlled with a RF Mertik Maxitrol 315 mHz handheld controller Model G6R-H3T5

Has anyone devised a way to use HS3 to receive communications from with the Mertik or replace it and send signals to the gas fireplace?

My goal:
    1 sense when the gas is ON , heating
    2 turn the HVAC fan from Auto to ON to circulate the warm air thru the house.

Many thanks for your advise

Devoir

Originally posted by devoir View Post
    I recently installed a Empire gas fireplace model VRFL to provide auxiliary heat to the house. It is controlled with a RF Mertik Maxitrol 315 mHz handheld controller.

Has anyone devised a way to use HS3 to receive communications from with the Mertik or replace it and send signals to the gas fireplace?

My goal:
    1 sense when the gas is ON , heating
    2 turn the HVAC fan from Auto to ON to circulate the warm air thru the house.

Many thanks for your advise

Devoir

I'd be interested in the answer to this, too. However, presently, I have a temperature sensor (Xiaomi zigbee) mounted under the lip of the mantle. When the temperature goes above a certain level, a fan turns on (done by a Homeseer event).
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Richel,

That is also an excellent approach.... that was my fall back plan. I'm hoping someone has a Z-Wave or Zigbee secret to deploy...

Devoir

Comment

Success on this project. I now have the RFXtrx315E functioning in the manner I wanted. I really want to thank Bert for all of his efforts and urging me on to do this project, without his support it wouldn't have happened.

I wanted the Following action when the Gas Fire Place was Heating .

1 Mertik G6R-H3T5 hand held remote to turn the fireplace "ON"
        2 HS3 receive the ON command from the RFXtrx315E receiver
        3 Turn the LYRIC Thermostat HVAC fan from Auto to ON circulating the warm air in the room.
        4 Mertik remote to turn the fireplace "OFF"
        5 HS3 recieves the Off command thru the plugin
        6 HVAC fan goes from "ON" to "AUTO"

The remote was designed to control the room temperature which was more WAF approved. She can pick up the remote and change the Fire Place status OFF - On - UP flame - Down flame. maybe next season we will use the HS3 to automate running the fire place if I can get an occupancy mode to work reliable WAF doesn't want the fire on unless she is home...

Well I must say this was an adventure working with Bert the developer to get the unit working. My thanks to Bert for his patients and diligence getting this Plug-in and RFXtrx315E unit working with the Mertik remote G6R-H3T5.

Devoir
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X