Smartstick+ not initializing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartstick+ not initializing

It looks like it is not creating a virtual com port. It used to create com3. The computer states that com3 is being used but on HS3 and I can't select anything but com1 for the smartstick+.

Turns out it is hosed. Draws excessive current and shuts down the USB port it is plugged into.

Comment

Originally posted by mleeder View Post
      Turns out it is hosed. Draws excessive current and shuts down the USB port it is plugged into.
      Good to know. I'll make sure mine is plugged into a powered hub (5A) when it arrives.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Also in Windows make sure you have all of the power savings stuff off. Really should be drawing less than 500Mw of electricity. You can check the draw with control panel devices and specfic device.

Here have made up a ZNet like device using a ZWave expansion board inside of a POE Powered RPi in the attic. Works great. Well and the HS3 boxes are in the basement.

Just learned yesterday that the micro USB power plugs are only good to 1.8Amps (power supply to Rockchip based computers). So here went to using the Euler bus for power by passing the micro USB power.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X - HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.11.0 - Ubuntu 20.01/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X