Recently updated HS3 and having issues with Z-wave Plugin Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently updated HS3 and having issues with Z-wave Plugin Now

I just recently updated HomeSeer to the latest version. After a reboot or two, I've noticed that Z-Wavey events stopped working. Upon further investigation last night, I saw the plugin wasn't working. In the log, when I disable and then enable the plguin, I see the following:

Initializing plug-in(1): Z-Wave Instance::Error creating web utility pages with the HomeSeer server: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Time to load: 780 milliseconds

I have updated the Smartstick+ drviver and even downloaded the Beta Z-Wave plugin. I restarted the entire computer a few times as well and have disable every other plugin.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by bmsmithvb View Post
    I just recently updated HomeSeer to the latest version. After a reboot or two, I've noticed that Z-Wavey events stopped working. Upon further investigation last night, I saw the plugin wasn't working. In the log, when I disable and then enable the plguin, I see the following:

Initializing plug-in(1): Z-Wave Instance::Error creating web utility pages with the HomeSeer server: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Time to load: 780 milliseconds

I have updated the Smartstick+ drviver and even downloaded the Beta Z-Wave plugin. I restarted the entire computer a few times as well and have disable every other plugin.

Any ideas?

Have you seen this? : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...d-major-issues

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Based on the error, you may have a copy of the newtonsoft dll in your HS root directory. A recent plugin install may have put it there, but plugins should be putting it in their own subdirectory under the bin folder.
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        Thank you for posting that link. I did give that a shot prior to posting... nothing seemed to work.

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Based on the error, you may have a copy of the newtonsoft dll in your HS root directory. A recent plugin install may have put it there, but plugins should be putting it in their own subdirectory under the bin folder.
        This was my fix! Thank you for pointing that out. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that first!

I renamed that file and the Z-Wave plugin started up perfectly. I'll go and re-enable all of my other plugins after a quick reboot. Thanks again!

Comment

What was the latest plugin you loaded as this needs to be fixed to prevent other users from encountering this error.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X