Multiple Z-Wave Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Z-Wave Controllers

Have a question regarding use of multiple Z-wave controllers. I currently have a Smartstick+ as my main controller, and I've picked up a Z-NET v2 as well. I have three levels in my house with Z-wave devices and want to make sure I get good coverage throughout house.

My question is: How to I add the second (Z-NET) controller so that it will be utilized as efficiently as possible?

Thanks in advance!

Found what I needed... Helped to also look in Z-Net forum!

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ets-one-homeid

Comment

What conclusion did you come to? I read through the whole thing and could not see any advantage to having everything on the same Home ID. I am thinking of using three Z-Nets (North, South, Central) and just let them be three different networks. My goal is mainly to keep hops to a minimum but it seems keeping the device count segregated may also be an advantage, Apart from "ALL ON" commands I don't see any pros for putting all three interfaces on the same network.

Comment

For what it's worth. I have used the z-net in both configurations and my preference ended up being a separate network. Setup as a separate network provides maximum expansion capability as you get the full 232 devices for each z-net. The network optimize is then also able to be done for each one independently which allows it to be more easily scheduled without affecting the whole system. I also found it to be less prone to include/exclude problems and the speed of the include/exclude was much faster as HS didn't have to then try and replicate the network to each interface each time.

It may be my imagination but I also think it was a bit faster as separate networks as there was less cross controller chatter to try and keep things in sync???

Comment

Working...
        X