Unknown Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Status

I am suddenly seeing Unknown Status on a handful of Zwave devices, and of course, they don't work anymore. Other Zwave devices seem to work fine. I am on HS3 .500 and a Smartstick+.

I have tried restoring the entire HS3 directory from a backup. I tried reinstalling the Smartstick+ drivers. I tried restoring the network to the interface. I tried Scan Existing Devices (Full). I tried Full Optimization several times. Oddly, the Unknown Status devices do respond to the Node Connectivity test and they will optimize. But the Unknown status remains and they do not respond via HS. Screenshot below.

I am baffled. Help? Click image for larger version

Name:	ZwaveUnknown.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1312580
    Mark

What kind of devices are those? I see a Jasco which makes me think these are older Z-Wave and not Z-Wave Plus devices? If that is the case then they are not providing their status information as is typical with old devices and you will have to poll them for their status.

Comment

Yes, one is a Jasco switch, but I have other identical Jasco switches and they are working fine. The others on the screenshot are a Schlage lockset (and you can see that another Schlage deadbolt is working), and a Graber zwave blind which was working great 2 weeks ago. I doubt it is Plus issue because they were fine a few weeks ago. It seems random that only a few have this Unknown Status problem, and others are OK. What is even stranger is that I can connect to them and optimize them, but still no status and no response. I'm on zwave plugin 3.0.1.252.
      Mark

Comment

Did you try polling them?

Comment

Yes. The lock returns nothing at all, and my Fortezz switch shows this in the log:

Jun-27 6:02:01 PMZ-Wave WarningZ-Wave Multilevel Sensor device Node 18 Z-Wave General Purpose is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.
          Mark

Comment

Mark:

Did you find a solution? I have a similar issue where I have two Leviton devices (1 Dimmer and 1 plugin dimmer). It fails on Test connectivity and Optimization but succeeds at Rescan of the device. I can not control the device

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
              Yes. The lock returns nothing at all, and my Fortezz switch shows this in the log:

Jun-27 6:02:01 PMZ-Wave WarningZ-Wave Multilevel Sensor device Node 18 Z-Wave General Purpose is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.
              im getting this error with a trane zwave tstat and HS4 did you ever fix it?
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

If I recall correctly, the fix was to "restart the interface". I didn't know this was a thing, but go to Plugins.... Z-wave.... Controller Management.... Z-Wave Interfaces.... then in the Actions dropdown list, scroll way down at the bottom to find a few options to "restart this interface". I believe that fixed it for me. Stupid simple fix after many hours of frustration. I've had to do this twice over the past year, presumably because the SmartStick isn't so smart.
                Mark

Comment

Working...
                X