New Smartstick+ G2 listed on Z-Wave Alliance catalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Smartstick+ G2 listed on Z-Wave Alliance catalog

When I'm bored at work, which is often, I sometimes browse the Z-Wave alliance's certification catalog. Sorting by certification number means devices that were most recently certified are displayed first, this is a good way to keep tabs on what might be available on the market in the near future.

Z-Wave Alliance Catalog

Today I noticed the following product listing:

HomeSeer SmartStick+ G2

A HomeSeer product in the list always pricks my attention.

At first I thought this might herald the arrival of 700 series chips, but after looking a little closer I don't think so. The only difference listed between the original SmartStick+ and this G2, is the original used Z-Wave SDK 6.51.06, this new stick uses 6.81.01. SDK 6.81 is, as far as I can tell, still a 500 series SDK, just more recent.

Looking through my existing z-wave nodes, I note none of my 21 nodes use 6.81, the highest I have is 6.71 on some HS-WD200s and Zooz ZSE18s.

From the silicon labs release notes:

The Z-Wave 500 Series SDK version 6.8x contains the following major enhancements compared to SDK version 6.7x:

Smart Start
    FLiRS multicast
    Improved power management
    Improved Application Framework

So... possibly some stuff coming relating to smart start implementation within the HomeSeer application?

6.81 is at least more than a year old as my ZME UZB has it and I've never touched its firmware.

Comment

I sure hope that if they introduce a new z-wave stick that it will have backup and restore capability.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
        I sure hope that if they introduce a new z-wave stick that it will have backup and restore capability.
        And come in versions for the different international Z-Wave frequencies.

Comment

Maybe they will had some stuff. But maybe it was cheeper to produce a new model...or the first gen was not available for them anymore. Another thought...maybe there was a flaw in the desiign of the 1st gen...i mean the casing( heat) etc. ? I know it works good here

Comment

Working...
          X