HS3 Doesn't Create a device for a smartstick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Doesn't Create a device for a smartstick

I have several smartstick interfaces. One did not create a status device when I added it. The controller database also has the entry for it (#1), but shows no name , manufacturer, or version. Device adds work on that interface just fine. I'm trying to update it to a G2 interface, but one of the steps is to delete the device?

Is this an older stick and this is just the way it is or did the install fail to work correctly? Any ideas?

Thanks for any clarity...

Tom

I have now started with a 100% clean install and yet no status device is created now for any of my zwave smartstick+ interfaces. I am upgrading to G2 smartsticks. Not any of them create devices. I installed two of them with the beta plugin and 2 with the non-beta. I have completely erased them and then deleted HS3, manually removed the directories, reinstalled and still when I add them back in nothing is created under devices for them. I can add things to them, but if I understand the Restore interface instructions you delete the device as part of that process, which means I can't update to the next version of Smartsticks without blowing it all away again, which is not where I want to be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Comment

I'm guessing most others know this and I had just not run across it on my original install couple years ago, but support has confirmed that sometimes devices are created and sometimes they are not. While a bit confusing, that is just the way it is and has absolutely no impact on anything. Also, what I interpreted from the directions to restore the interface that called for deleting the interface is not the device, but (clearly what the directions say) is the red "X" on the interface not the device "delete" on devices when one is created ...thx Matt!

Comment

Working...
      X