Sluggish Zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sluggish Zwave

I've got a medium size zwave network, around 60 nodes. There is a mix of mostly zwave and some zwave+.

I used to run a Z-Net with HS3 on a Win7 box. In December I migrated to a smartstick+ at the same time I migrated to win10 on the same PC.

With the Z-net and now with the SS+, my zwave is sluggish. I attributed it to unknown network issues and/or issues with the z-net. I figured a SS+ would address both of these issues.

Well, now with my SS+, zwave is still sluggish. Controlling HS3 with Alexa Zwave is sometimes instantaneous and sometimes sluggish, 5 - 20 second delays. Non-zwave devices are consistently controlled immediately from Alexa, even when zwave is sluggish.

Any ideas how to sort this out?

I do not see anything in window event viewer logs nor in any HS3 logs that I can find. I just looked and my proc is running 6% and my memory is at 8%. I have not seen these max out.

I've started another thread here, https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ctadly-closing , about HS3 enexpectedly closing and mention it here in case it is related. It down't seem like it is, the win7 HS3 did not close like the win10 Hs3.

Is it sluggish when you control the devices directly from HS? You don’t provide a lot of detail. What version of HS3 and the z-wave plugin? Have you stopped all polling of your zwave devices to see if that helps? How many devices communicate directly to your SS?Sluggish zwave performance is typically caused by too much zwave traffic so look at reducing it as much as possible. I have more than double the devices you have on one znet and no sluggishness here.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to try controlling devices directly next time it is sluggish. It seems like it is sluggish from the Hs3 interface, but I am not sure on this. Non-zwave devices are not sluggish.

I don't really do any zwave polling. I have one device I think I poll every 10 mins and one I poll every hour or so. Is there a way to monitor zwave traffic? I've optimized quite a bit.

HS3 ver 3.0.0.548
      zwave ver 3.0.1.252

How do I check who is communicating directly with SS?

Comment

If you have z-seer, you can use it to look at the z-wave routing. Alternately, go to the /ZWaveWho page on your HS system (reachable from the Plug-Ins - Z-Wave - Node Information menu). Do you have devices that send data to HS without polling? How often are they sending data? You may want to try the .262 version of the plugin as well.

Comment

If you have z-seer, you can use it to look at the z-wave routing
          Just to note if they are using the newest "G2" SS+ then the node routing information from z-seer appears to be broken. I had a SS+ and change it to a G2 version and my routing information in z-seer disappeared ... https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...t-me-known-bug

Comment

I finally have had some time to revisit this. I looked at node info and was surprised to see that quite a few (15ish) devices had polling set up, seemed to be a lot around 20 mins and a few around 10 mins. I've set all to no polling except one device I poll, set to 12 hrs.

We'll see if this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              If you have z-seer, you can use it to look at the z-wave routing. Alternately, go to the /ZWaveWho page on your HS system (reachable from the Plug-Ins - Z-Wave - Node Information menu). Do you have devices that send data to HS without polling? How often are they sending data? You may want to try the .262 version of the plugin as well.
              zseer works so slow and hangs to the point of being unusable for me.

How do I know if I have zwave devices that send data to HS without polling? I thought zwave did not do this, that Lutron owns that feature or something. As far as I know that is not the case with my devices, mostly zwave non+ devices. I do have a few newer devices, but do not recall this being advertised in the feature set.

Comment

Originally posted by STCook View Post
                I had a SS+ and change it to a G2 version and my routing information in z-seer disappeared ... https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...t-me-known-bug
                Where do I make the change in the SS+ setting to G2 or G1?

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post

zseer works so slow and hangs to the point of being unusable for me.

How do I know if I have zwave devices that send data to HS without polling? I thought zwave did not do this, that Lutron owns that feature or something. As far as I know that is not the case with my devices, mostly zwave non+ devices. I do have a few newer devices, but do not recall this being advertised in the feature set.
                  The best way to see that is to not disable logging on those devices. All updates should show in the log that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X