HS-WD200+ Dimmer Version 5.14 - Cannot get the bottom LED to turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD200+ Dimmer Version 5.14 - Cannot get the bottom LED to turn off

I put this post in the HomeSeer Hardware Products section for the Z-Stick because they don't have a section for any of their switches, dimmers, etc.

I have a HS-WD200+ with the latest firmware 5.14.

I have set everything I can set on the Settings on the switch. But when it goes off, either remotely or locally the bottom LED will still stay on.
    I've noticed that with this firmware it has a lowest dim level setting but you can't set it to anything below 6.5%

Is anyone seeing this behavior. Is there a hidden parameter that I've missed?

None of my other WD200+'s exhibit this behavior. They are all set to exactly the same settings.

Below is a screenshot of all my settings for the dimmer.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

I've already filed a bug report with HS regarding this, not being to go below 6.5% dim level is unacceptable for today's current LEDs which are still very bright at this level. I have other brands like Cooper Aspire that can dim down to 1% and many bulbs can handle/need this in order to get to a low dim level.

The response I got back? This is just the way their dimmers are. Couple that with not being able to set the high dim limit, these dimmers look less attractive. They're running a sale today buy 3 and get 1 free, I suspect the reason for this is either because sales for these are dropping off or they're coming out with a better version.

I refuse to buy anymore because of this "feature".

Comment

Thanks, my guess is maybe an updated version, or they need cash flow. But for buy 3 get 1 free looks like an inventory clean-out.
      I muted it a bit by picking magenta is it's color as it's the dimmest of all the colors.

I think all it would require would be a firmware update. But if they are cleaning house, then no reason to support customers that have already paid them their money.

Comment

One would think a firmware fix... but nope, the indication I got it is what it is. Which seems strange when so many other Z-wave dimmers can do this better. Or they ran out of memory space in the z-wave chip due to the status feedback functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          ...Or they ran out of memory space in the z-wave chip due to the status feedback functionality.
          Bingo!!!

Comment

Working...
          X