Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-Wave Plugin - Do you find you have to restart HS or the plugin often.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George
    replied
    Well, scratch, 3.0.2.4. Worse then 3.0.2. Reverted, at least I might only have to restart the plugin only once a day!.

Leave a comment:

• Tillsy
    replied
    Originally posted by George View Post
    Has no date on it, no support info and no docs.
    Normally something you should run far, far away from.

But pretty something we are aclimatised to here.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    I just found in the Beta section that there is a 3.02.4 beta of the Z-Wave plugin available. Has no date on it, no support info and no docs.
    I loaded it, because the wife is ready to strangle me, and hopefully this might be a little more stable.

I'll let you all know. If other brave souls are out there, give it a go....

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Yup, I'm running 3.02. Hopefully we'll see something soon. Just battled another gremlin that had the wife questioning my sanity for changing things.

Leave a comment:

• Miamijerry
    replied
    Smartstick+ used to be rock solid, after last two zwave versions, currently 302, it has been troublesome. (Goes offline, slow to function)

Znets are working well

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Originally posted by joegr View Post

The title says "Do you find you have to restart HS or the plugin often." Those are two very different actions than "restart this interface," if you read my question. Thank you very much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	restart.png
Views:	218
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1418128
    To your previous question, it happened today. Local control of a dimmer, would just dim up and when you let go of the paddle it would dim right back down. Every switch and dimmer in the house exhibited the same behavior. I went in and restarted the interface as you suggested, NADA!!

Only going into the plugin's management page, disabling the Z-Wave plugin via the slide switch, and then re-enabling the plugin fixed it.

I hope someone at HST is working on an update to the Z-Wave plugin! If I could vote 5 times for my poll, I would.

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Might be the server, but I've been running it on my trusty Win 7 64 bit AMD system with 5 WD 7200rpm Black drives in a Raid 5 configuration so I don't think speed is the issue. And I have a 64G SSD that Win7 is using as the SpeedBoost Cache.

Whatever I do is lightning fast, and when it's the Z-Wave network is running it responds instantly. It just goes wonky every once in a while. Maybe I have a bad stick?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Are you sure your problem is in the ZWave plugin, or perhaps it is the Homeseer server itself. When I was running on a 32 bit Windows 10 system, I did have to reboot the server every couple of weeks, as things would become slow (and sometimes weird). Since moving over to a 64 bit Windows system (same ZWave dongle), things have been rock steady. Of course I did have problems when I had a intermittent malfunctioning ZWave module, but that is understandable.

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Originally posted by George View Post
    That is what this poll is all about. It's about restarting the interface if you read the title.
    The title says "Do you find you have to restart HS or the plugin often." Those are two very different actions than "restart this interface," if you read my question. Thank you very much.

Click image for larger version

Name:	restart.png
Views:	218
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1418128

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    That is what this poll is all about. It's about restarting the interface if you read the title.

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    Have you tried "restart this interface?"

Leave a comment:

• Z-Wave Plugin - Do you find you have to restart HS or the plugin often.

No - Rock Steady, I hardly ever reboot HS
    61.90%
    Every once in a while Z-Wave will hang up and I have to restart
    19.05%
    More often than not, I generally have to restart Z-Wave to clear a problem more than once a week
    19.05%
    I have lights or devices turn on or off randomly or in response to another device command
    4.76%
    My home is haunted!!!
    0%
    Just curious if it's just me having problems (HS3 running the latest Z-Wave Beta on a Smartstick +) or have others seen or experienced times where Z-Wave just hangs, the wrong devices turn on/off, or exhibits strange behavior.
Working...
X