Whole Network Went Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole Network Went Down

Somehow I lost absolutely ALL my devices. I logged in under a different user and then switched back to the original/admin user. At that time I could see devices created by plugins but no other devices. I went to the z-wave interface and did a "Scan Existing Devices (Light Scan)". Now I can see what appears most if not all devices but it seems they lost all room and floor information. In addition it appears all the IDs are messed up as well. In addition, I still miss many if not all of the virtual devices I created myself.

At this point I am REALLY ticked off about HS. The whole home automation system went down. Nothing works anymore. I don't blame them that during their beta all devices went lost because the devices.json file got corrupted but this is becoming ridiculous. If anybody has any input how I can get my system back I would really appreciate it.

Check the homeseer folders for backups and see if you can load one from the setup page.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for the input. I don't see any backups except for a "ConfigBackup" folder that but that one is about 4 months old. I made a lot or changes since then.

I do however have a backup from the entire HS4 folder from about 2 months ago. I just tried to start HS from this folder and it did bring back my devices. But as I said, I made a lot of changes lately, mostly events but also a few devices. I am not much worried about devices. I just want to get my events back. So is there way I can use my 'official' HS4 folder (the one that lost all devices but has all my events, I hope) and replace some files from my backup to get my devices back?

Comment

Check in the HomeSeer/Data folder

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
        X