Copy SmartStick+ Contents to a Second SmartStick+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy SmartStick+ Contents to a Second SmartStick+

I'm running HS4 on a Windows 10 box with a SmartStick+ interface. I'd like to see if I can get HS running on a linux box, but I don't want to mess up my current environment. I purchased a second SmartStick+. I know that I can get a backup of my current z-wave interface, but is there a simple way to restore it to the new interface? The instructions that come with the SmartStick have a somewhat confusing set of instructions about backing up the current interface, disabling the interface, deleting the interface (but don't ERASE it), removing it from the machine, etc. I don't want to replace my current interface, I just want to essentially create a clone of it. The important thing is I don't want to mess up my working interface (and HS system).

Alternatively, what is the safest way to build out a second HS4 environment on a new box (Linux)? I'm not planning to run them both at the same time, I just want to have a fall back system should something happen to my primary system.

Thanks!

Jim

You can use the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 Backup Tool to duplicate the old device to the new one.

Comment

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Comment

Note that only the z-wave information will transfer. From my experience the floor and room information will not carry over. You would have to somehow copy some of the HS files over to Linux which might require some conversion. You might want to check with support@homeseer.com but they are kind of slow to respond if they respond at all.

Comment

Working...
        X