Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW HS SmartStick+ G3 using zwave 700 series - Anyone noticed this new info???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a new problem with the G3 stick.have big delays when turning off groups of zwave devices via a All ZwaveOff or On command in events.

Seems to take 30-40 seconds to turn them all. Almost like it is not using the All zwave command but is sending individual commands.

This worked fine with the G2 stick. Does the G3 and Zwave 7.15 library support All On and All Off commands?

Did Rich’s rjh recommendation and fully optimized only newer 500 or 700 series devices. I have 7 total out of 32 devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW

What does "reset" mean in this context?
      Plugins->Z-Wave->Config->Reset Z-Wave Data

Mousing over the button reveals descriptive text:

Click image for larger version

Name:	reset z-wave.PNG
Views:	363
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1474783

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Plugins->Z-Wave->Config->Reset Z-Wave Data

Mousing over the button reveals descriptive text:

Name:	reset z-wave.PNG
Views:	363
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1474783
        Thanks for the fast reply!

Comment

I took the plunge and bought the new SmartStick+ G3, and I installed it today on my HS4 Pi. I upgraded the Z-Wave plugin to the new 3.0.6 beta. It was tricky getting it to work, because the included paper instructions referenced a dead URL (https://homeseer.com/zwave-interfaces) that should have had migration instructions. I guessed at using the Z-Wave function to "Send network information to another controller". That didn't work. I finally found a help page (https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...+HS4+on+Zee+S2) that explained that I needed to backup and then restore the Z-Wave config to the new interface. I then deleted and physically removed the old interface (the Pi "HAT"). So far, typical on/off/dim/etc. commands work, and voice control works.

After some fiddling with re-scanning and re-optimizing, individual device commands work. Events that use the central scene function work, but they take an unusually long time to respond (e.g. an event that use a double-tap of the top or bottom of a switch will set the dim level or turn off all the other switches in a room).

Comment

Did you happen to notice this nugget while restoring?

"NOTE: Your node information will be sent to a server for processing"

Name:	Z-Wave beta restore 1.PNG
Views:	338
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1475372

Sure enough, when attempt to restore without internet connection, it fails with a highly descriptive diagnostic...

Name:	Z-Wave beta restore 2.PNG
Views:	328
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1475373

Comment

Hmm, I don't remember seeing that message. But: My HS PI was Internet-connected and all my nodes were restored. I now see that I was mistaken; my device associations were restored. What isn't working, however, are the events, for example:

IF Family Room Downstairs Den Central Scene had its value set to Scene 001 Key Pressed 2 Times then Set Devices:
              Family Room Downstairs Den Den to Dim 10%
              Family Room Downstairs Fireplace Fireplace to Dim 10%

Ah well enough troubleshooting for one long day.... To be continued!

Edit: events work now, but there is a long delay in response time.

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
                I have a new problem with the G3 stick.have big delays when turning off groups of zwave devices via a All ZwaveOff or On command in events.

Seems to take 30-40 seconds to turn them all. Almost like it is not using the All zwave command but is sending individual commands.

This worked fine with the G2 stick. Does the G3 and Zwave 7.15 library support All On and All Off commands?
                I'll second this issue.

I had a G2, did a backup, shutdown HS4, removed the older G2 stick and installed the G3 stick.
                Windows 10 did not recognize the new G3 so I re-installed the drivers from the HS website and then let Windows 10 do a driver update. The device now shows as a Silcom Labs CP210X on USB3 (which is the same USB port my G2 was on) but my older G2 showed up as a UBZ device. Not sure that matters or not.

After W10 found the device, HS4 restored the backup just fine, and running on/off commands to individual switches is very responsive.

Now the issue(s)
                - Any events I have that send multiple commands take 30-40 seconds to respond. By this I mean any event where you have done a THEN Set Device and Set X,Y,Z devices under that singular Set Device
                - If you take that same event and break it up as THEN / Set Device X / Set Device Y / Set Device Z sections it works as expected.
                - Old Or New z-wave scenes don't seem to work at all. It shows as scene saved but trying to deploy them from the zwave plugin or manually as an event don't work.

This is with the 3.0.6 z-wave plugin, it did the same with 3.0.5.3 or whatever it was before 3.0.6

Comment

Originally posted by STCook View Post
                  I'll second this issue.

<snip>
                  - Any events I have that send multiple commands take 30-40 seconds to respond. By this I mean any event where you have done a THEN Set Device and Set X,Y,Z devices under that singular Set Device
                  - If you take that same event and break it up as THEN / Set Device X / Set Device Y / Set Device Z sections it works as expected.
                  - Old Or New z-wave scenes don't seem to work at all. It shows as scene saved but trying to deploy them from the zwave plugin or manually as an event don't work.

This is with the 3.0.6 z-wave plugin, it did the same with 3.0.5.3 or whatever it was before 3.0.6
                  Check this post and submit a ticket if you experience delays https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...80#post1476780

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

Check this post and submit a ticket if you experience delays https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...80#post1476780
                    What mulu said.

Comment

Ya, I opened ticket HSCS-7533

Comment

The latest beta version of the Z-Wave plugin (3.0.6.1) fixes this bug.

Comment

Working...
                        X