Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

z-wave solution for a recirculation pump button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex_W
    replied
    Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
    The home I purchased recently had a system like you are suggesting with Decor "push button" switches in the kitchen and master bath. We never remembered to push the switch and hence had a lot of cold water washes. Not fun.
    Using HS3 I setup motion sensors at strategic locations(entering bath rooms and kitchen) which then combine to trip the recirculate request. I put some do "not retriggers"(~20 minutes) on each motion sensor and also on the "combination" to minimize the recirculation activity(now averages about 16 triggers per day and we are home nearly 100% of the time).
    Good idea.

Leave a comment:

• BobSpen
    replied
    The home I purchased recently had a system like you are suggesting with Decor "push button" switches in the kitchen and master bath. We never remembered to push the switch and hence had a lot of cold water washes. Not fun.
    Using HS3 I setup motion sensors at strategic locations(entering bath rooms and kitchen) which then combine to trip the recirculate request. I put some do "not retriggers"(~20 minutes) on each motion sensor and also on the "combination" to minimize the recirculation activity(now averages about 16 triggers per day and we are home nearly 100% of the time).

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Google for a z-wave dry contact relay. There are less expensive options using other wireless technologies, depending on your interest in going away from z-wave. E.g., Shelly has less costly wifi relays. You would need another plugin such as mcsShelly (free) or AK Shelly (paid). Another option, potentially cheaper still, is a Sonoff flashed with Tasmota and using mcsMQTT plugin (free). There's also the Switchbot which physically pushes the switch, but I'm not sure to what level it's been successfully integrated with HS so far. There's a recent/active thread on it here on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Alex_W
    replied
    There are several possibilities. What is the required current rating for the contacts?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic z-wave solution for a recirculation pump button.

z-wave solution for a recirculation pump button.

Hey guys I have HS3 running and am trying to find a z-wave device to perform a simple button press for me whenever I triple tap a switch in my house. The button is from my recirculation pump and is just a simple two wire button that needs the "circuit" completed to fire up the pump. Is there something simple I can use to perform this function?
Working...
X