Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeotec Z-Stick 7 and HomeSeer - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Z-Stick 7 and HomeSeer - Working!

Have anybody here tested the new Aeotec Z-Stick 7 with HomeSeer.
    I can see on Aeotec's homesite https://aeotec.com/z-wave-gateways/c...y.html#ZStick7 that HomeSeer is officially tested with Z-Stick Gen 5 and Z-Stick Gen5+, but not the new gen 7.
    I have bought one but have little experience switching stick and would appreciate to hear if others have tried.

Or if anybody have suggestions on how to transfere devices from old to new stick. My network is not to big, so could manually configure it again. But would prefere to transfere it automatically. And to know if it's actually possibly to use on HomeSeer

You need to wait for the new HS Z-wave plugin that is supposed to be released any day now to coincide with the release of the HS 700-series USB Z-wave stick. The new plugin supports the 700-series chips used in everyone's Z-wave stick.

Comment

This might help you. https://docs.homeseer.com/pages/view...ageId=28641323
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

TC1 - That is most excellent news!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          You need to wait for the new HS Z-wave plugin that is supposed to be released any day now to coincide with the release of the HS 700-series USB Z-wave stick. The new plugin supports the 700-series chips used in everyone's Z-wave stick.
          Thank you. Great news

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            Thank you

Comment

Everything is described in this thread

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...83#post1471783

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                boom. i just ordered the G3 and my Zooz 700 stick will go into the trash. backup/restore from G2 to G3 seals the deal.

Comment

I saw a new betas 3.0.5.3 was available, and gave it a shot. I tried to scan through the thread https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...83#post1471783 to see if other had any experience with the Aeotec Z-Stick 7, but did not find any.

I tried to follow the description from https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...83#post1471783 to backup and restore. Backup seemed to go well, no error messages. I shut down HS4 and the Hometroller, and replaced the old Z-Stick with the new. After a lot of struggling to start up the interface, I found an Aeotec article stating that if driver for Z-Stick was not automatically installed, I needed to download SiLabs CP2102N Driver. After downloading and installing that, it was available as an COM-port.

Now I could start the interface. I'm not sure which "Interface Mode" I should select in the plugin if the 700 chips looks the same from all manufacturers, but I have tried most possibilities. First Aeolab Aetoc Z-Stick, then Sigma Design UZB, Generic Serial Controller and HomeSeer SmartStick +.

But no matter what I select, the interface seems to start fine, but I get these messages when trying to restore my backup:
                  Checking file...
                  Starting restore operation.
                  Interface region: EU
                  Restoring nodes...
                  Initialization complete, no nodes were restored due to an error.
                  Done!

Any suggestions? (The HomeSeer SmartStick + G3 is not an option for me, since I use european frequencies)

Comment

After trying different a few things more I got it working. Not sure if it was because I stopped/started HS4 or if it was because I deleted the old interface and created it again.
                    But I finally had the restore working.
                    Checking file...
                    Restoring nodes...
                    Z-Wave Interface Aeotec Z-Stick 7 (1) has been reset to its defaults.
                    Restoring Data 960...
                    Restoring Data 1960...
                    Restoring Data 47960...
                    Restoring Data 48960...
                    Node information has been successfully loaded - restarting the controller...
                    Restore of node information COMPLETE.
                    Initialization complete and nodes restored.
                    Restoring Region to EU
                    Done!

After restore was finished, the interface was changed to Region America. Had to change it back. I ended up using Interface mode Aeolab Aetoc Z-Stick. Not sure if that is best choice but it seems to work.

Comment

atokle how it goes for now?
                      Have you any issues with Z-stick7 or everything works fine?

Comment

Originally posted by kwieto View Post
                        atokle how it goes for now?
                        Have you any issues with Z-stick7 or everything works fine?
                        It works fine for me. No issues. But I have a very limited set of devices, so can not guarantee others don't see problems.

Comment

Sure, it is still not supported officially. I consider buying Gen7 or Gen5+, 5+ will work for sure, but 7 would be probably better in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by atokle View Post
                            After trying different a few things more I got it working. Not sure if it was because I stopped/started HS4 or if it was because I deleted the old interface and created it again.
                            But I finally had the restore working.
                            Checking file...
                            Restoring nodes...
                            Z-Wave Interface Aeotec Z-Stick 7 (1) has been reset to its defaults.
                            Restoring Data 960...
                            Restoring Data 1960...
                            Restoring Data 47960...
                            Restoring Data 48960...
                            Node information has been successfully loaded - restarting the controller...
                            Restore of node information COMPLETE.
                            Initialization complete and nodes restored.
                            Restoring Region to EU
                            Done!

After restore was finished, the interface was changed to Region America. Had to change it back. I ended up using Interface mode Aeolab Aetoc Z-Stick. Not sure if that is best choice but it seems to work.
                            Which Z-Wave USB stick were you using before the Aeotec Z-Stick 7? I'm currently using the Aeotec Gen5 and was looking to upgrade to the 7 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by brett_cp View Post

Which Z-Wave USB stick were you using before the Aeotec Z-Stick 7? I'm currently using the Aeotec Gen5 and was looking to upgrade to the 7 soon.
                              I was also upgrading from Aeotec Gen5 ZStick

Comment

Working...
                              X