Can't get schlage to add... - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get schlage to add... - Solved!

I am repeatedly attempting to get my new Schlage connect lock to add to my network. I get the messages below and remove the failed node after each attempt. The lock is about 3 feet away with direct line of sight to the smart stick.

Thoughts on how to get this working?

Add Node started...
    Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
    A new node is being added...
    Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
    DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
    Done. Node 10 Added.
    Reloading (importing) node information...
    Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Warning: Node 10 does not support the manufacturer specific command class - it is either a really old device or there was a communications problem.
    Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 10
    Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 10. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Warning: If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
    Getting SECURITY class information for node 10
    Finished.

Try to get it even closer. I had my stick just inches away. You could use a USB extension cable or take the lock off and bring it to the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      Try to get it even closer. I had my stick just inches away. You could use a USB extension cable or take the lock off and bring it to the stick.
      I disconnected the indoor side unit and moved it close and am pressing the red "ENROLL/UN-ENROLL" button. Is that the correct method?

I have held the lock multiple times just a few inches away from the smart stick and I am getting the same result.

Comment

What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you using? If not 3.0.2.0 then try that.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you using? If not 3.0.2.0 then try that.
          I was using 3.0.1.130, I tried 3.0.2.0 and it worked! Thank you!

Comment

Hi Everyone. Sorry if this post is old but its on par with what I'm experiencing. I have an HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.18.0 (Windows), HomeSeer SmartStick+ Zwave stick and three (3) SCHLAGE Connect (BE469NX) Locks. Today I decided to remove and re-add my Schlage Connect locks as I was getting sporadic issues with zwave commands failing to send to the locks. I moved my PC with the SmartStick+ Zwave stick within in inches of my door lock. I was able to remove it and readd it however none of the instant statuses are working now. Battery level shows at 0%. When i unlock or lock the door manually or with the keypad nothing is transmitted to HomeSeer. The z-Wave version I have installed is 3.0.7.0 along with the z-wave UI. In the logs it does say "Instant status and sensor wake-up notifications are not being programmed because HomeSeer is being used as an installation tool only." What does that mean?

Please tell me that this is fixable. I'm thinking now I should have left well enough alone.

Comment

"HomeSeer is being used as an installation tool only" means your Z-Stick is acting as a secondary controller. Do you have a backup of your Z-Wave network data?
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you for helping me Rupp. I really do appreciate it.

I do have a back up. When I tried to restore it earlier it said something to the effect that “the controller was too old.” Or something to that effect. I’ll have to try it again tomorrow. If I’m successful in restoring it, my backups would be before I removed and re-added the locks. What will happen to the locks I re-added? Will they go back to the previous node assignments?

What would happen if I am unsuccessful? Is there a workaround?

Comment

Rupp, When attempting to restore a zwave backup i get the following message "The destination interface is not supported for a restore since it is too old." I was doing this through the Controller Management from the Legacy Z-Wave Menu. I'm not sure if that is the reason for the message. I don't want to do anything to make this worse.

Could this be an issue with the new z-wave 3.0.7 plugin? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ace-is-too-old

Can I roll back to a previous z-wave plugin?

Comment

Working...
                  X