Node # resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Node # resets

While I was doing testing - adding and removing devices to my HS4 - and SmartStick+ - the node numbers got all whacked out. My SS+ is #1, but my next device is #8.

I would have though the system would have back-filled the old numbers when something is EXCLUDED (Deleted) and another device INCLUDED (Added). This appears to not be the way it works.

Is there a way to change the NODE # of a device so that I can manually back-fill the holes in the number sequence?

Curtis

No, that's the way it works. When it reaches the max number it will start using the "holes".

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      No, that's the way it works. When it reaches the max number it will start using the "holes".
      Bob ... No way to reset them all?

I am going to be moving all my devices and my HS4 to another computer - soon, I assume that will reset them?

Curtis

Comment

I have an unusual problem where changing the node number MIGHT help. I have an AEOTEC ZW095 Energy Meter. I could not get it to respond, exclude, include, etc. at all with the primary ZWAVE (ZWNET). Just for kicks, I tried to get it to include with the ZWAVE USB Stick and it worked. However, it used node number 2 since naturally itself is 1. However, the ZWNET has a "ghost" 2, which is NOT a device as that too used to be a device that required an include which is now 26. Therefore I deleted that device 2 in Homeseer but the ZWNET still thinks it has node 2. I cannot SEND and RECEIVE that device between the secondary USB and primary ZWNET and I am wondering if it is because I am trying to send node 2, which the ZWNET shows it has already. I assume I should not keep devices on the secondary USB ZWAVE controller so how can I move the ZW095, node 2 on the secondary USB controller. SO how can I get the ZW095 onto the ZWNET controller?

Comment

Originally posted by bearhntr View Post

Bob ... No way to reset them all?

I am going to be moving all my devices and my HS4 to another computer - soon, I assume that will reset them?

Curtis
          I believe, if you backup the Zwave network and restore it on your new system everything, including node numbers, will be restored on the new system.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

I believe, if you backup the Zwave network and restore it on your new system everything, including node numbers, will be restored on the new system.
            when I did a backup and restore due to changing over to a new z-stick, it restored all the existing nodes to the same numbers, but it opened up the holes for reuse.
            When I added in new devices, they started filling in the low numbers

Comment

Working...
            X