Unknown Device - Sigma Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Device - Sigma Light

I noticed today that I have new device in my DEVICE list which I did not install or INCLUDE. If I try and remove it - it tells me it is part of PLUG-IN.

Does anyone know what this is, what is using it, etc?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sigma_Light.png Views:	0 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	1476249

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigma_Light-2.png
Views:	496
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1476258

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigma_Light-3.png
Views:	509
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1476259

It's a Z-wave Light. I'd be shocked if you didn't actually include it in Z-wave. It would require a physical z-wave device be set to inclusion mode and then starting the include process in HomeSeer. You sure you didn't do that?

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
      It's a Z-wave Light. I'd be shocked if you didn't actually include it in Z-wave. It would require a physical z-wave device be set to inclusion mode and then starting the include process in HomeSeer. You sure you didn't do that?
      mterry,

Absolutely not. I INCLUDE a device to Hs4 (one at a time) and as I ADD them, I name them what they are, etc. This one just showed up yesterday. I have no idea what it is. I have accounted for every NODE in my HS4 - except this one. What gets me - is that it says it is attached to a Plug-In. But I have not changed or added any plug-ins in months....but this just showed up yesterday.

I looked at the logs - what I could read - and have no idea what added it - or what it is talking to.

Curtis

Comment

Its a Z-Wave device - clue in your third image ... it has a Z-Wave tab.

A generic device like this might get added if the Z-Wave node became disassociated from its original device, then a rescan or optimize was performed.

This might happen if you messed with the NodeID field on the Z-Wave tab, for example.

Go to the Z-Wave tab and click 'Test Connectivity'. If that fails, click 'Remove Bad Node' and all should be right with the world.

If Test Connectivity passes, look on the Z-Wave tab of all your Z-Wave devices for another node 21. If you find another and everything there works properly, then the bogus device can be deleted.

Comment

zwolf,

I did what you suggested. The TEST failed. However, the REMOVE BAD did too. I simply deleted it from the NODE INFO in the ZWAVE Plug-In menu. Then did a OPTIMIZE FULL. It did not come back. Now I guess I watch it and see if the SIGMA comes back at some point.

Have not noticed anything 'not working' as of yet.

Thanks for the advice.

Curtis

Comment

Sigma devices are devices that didn't get "fully" included or from a failed include. These happen from time to time especially when the device being included is too far away for the Z-Wave interface to interrogate the device to get it's full set of device attributes.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp.

I was able to get rid of it.

I am still, probably, going to completely reset the SmarStick+ when I move it to the new computer and rebuild my NODES from scratch. I wish that as I add them - I could assign them a NODE NUMBER myself. That way I can put LOCKS together, Switches together. Plugs together, etc. Well - I know I can do that now - by "how" I add them. :-)

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by bearhntr View Post
                . I wish that as I add them - I could assign them a NODE NUMBER myself. That way I can put LOCKS together, Switches together. Plugs together, etc. Well - I know I can do that now - by "how" I add them. :-)
                Starting with that aim will lead to madness
                Unfortunately Z-Wave just doesn't work that way and trying to achieve sequential node numbers with no gaps is just a waste of time. It's best to forget about node numbers in organising your system. Just re-name Location1 and Location2 to titles that suit your mindset and use them, together with categories, to organise your devices. The node numbers will take care of themselves, just don't think of them as part of organising your system. If you have more than one Z-Wave network then you will have duplicate node numbers anyway, and most of us are using multiple technologies so the node numbers of Z-Wave are just back end identification.

Steve

Comment

What Steve said. Think of Z-wave node numbers as the way the Z-wave controller (the SmartStick) keeps track of the Z-wave devices, it's for its own internal housekeeping. On a daily basis there's no need for you to reference the node numbers unless you comes across a troubleshooting issue. And if you're troubleshooting at that level on a daily basis then you have other issues, once your home automation is setup correctly it should just work.

Comment

Working...
                  X