X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G3 Smartstick with existing 700 chip devices

Hopefully, a simple question.

I have a couple 700 series network devices running today running with the last generation Smartsticks (not 700 chip based).

When I upgrade my network interfaces to the new G3 Smartsticks...

Will it automatically just start Gen 7 communications with those nodes?

Do I need to rescan and all will be good?

Do you have to delete and add them back to the network to get all the G7 capabilities?

Unfortunately I never made it that far.

After getting the G3 installed, recognized and restoring the backup, I found that serial items in an event would take 20-30 seconds to run. Z scenes did not run at all. So after much trying I yanked the new G3 and went back to G2 and all is good. My intention was to test some 700 devices but had to give up before that.

Comment

macromark Here is another thread about long delays. That must be the 3rd or 4th thread on this forum about long delays with the new 7th gen z-wave stick. Somebody mentioned that it seems to happen with different sticks. Hopefully it's not a HW issue with the new chipset but a SW problem in HS.

Comment

Originally posted by STCook View Post
        Unfortunately I never made it that far.

After getting the G3 installed, recognized and restoring the backup, I found that serial items in an event would take 20-30 seconds to run....
        When this happened, did you run a network node conductivity test to see if there were any nodes that weren't responding to commands. Do you check the log when you experienced delays? What did the log reveal?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
          macromark Here is another thread about long delays. That must be the 3rd or 4th thread on this forum about long delays with the new 7th gen z-wave stick. Somebody mentioned that it seems to happen with different sticks. Hopefully it's not a HW issue with the new chipset but a SW problem in HS.
          If anyone else experiences delays, please run a node connectivity test and check the log to see what's happening. I would also highly recommend opening a service desk ticket to get some help from one of our support guys.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

When this happened, did you run a network node conductivity test to see if there were any nodes that weren't responding to commands. Do you check the log when you experienced delays? What did the log reveal?
            I ran a optimize network (not full just regular) and all nodes responded as expected and it completed in a normal amount of time.

Sending single commands to devices was snappy as well, all devices worked as expected.

It was serial commands that would take 20-30 seconds to start, once started it would work as normal. Did not matter if you ran the event manually or via normal triggers, the delay was the same.

Scenes stored in Z-wave did not seem to work at all.

I started with the older supported "beta" and also tried the latest "beta" with the same results

I set up a new serial event to see if it was just something with the resorted from backup ones and new ones showed the same delay. I also set up a new z-wave scene and it did not run.

I did not note anything of use in the normal log levels. Pulled the G3 when back to G2 and everything was fine, still on the latest beta

Comment

If anyone else experiences delays, please run a node connectivity test and check the log to see what's happening. I would also highly recommend opening a service desk ticket to get some help from one of our support guys.
              macromark this was a good suggestion; I found one bad node (an old Inovelli plug-in switch, which is now in the trash can). All of my other nodes connect perfectly, and can turn on or off, or dim, immediately, when one or two commands are issued via Google Home. However, running a GH routine (bedtime) that turns off most of the lights will always respond with "Sorry, it looks like Homeseer is unavailable right now". Much later (due to the SmartStick 3 bug) the lights all turn off, very slowly.

So, the original bug of routines not returning device status to Google Home remains.

Yes, I am opening another ticket.

Comment

Thanks all ... It's been about a month since my last question on this and since stability and speed are really important to my setup... It looks like I'll still be waiting a bit to convert.

Comment

If you've been having speed issues with the latest SmartStick (700 series), the problem appears to be fixed now with a new (currently beta) version of the Z-Wave plugin. See this post for details and a download link: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...51#post1477751

Comment

If you've been having speed issues with the latest SmartStick (700 series), the problem appears to be fixed now with a new (currently beta) version of the Z-Wave plugin. See this post for details and a download link: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...51#post1477751
                    Yes, I can confirm that the ~8 second delay in executing an event with several devices is now fixed for the SmartStick+ G3 (700 series).

Comment

Working...
                    X