Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G3 Smartstick+ Choking - potential fix.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    G3 Smartstick+ Choking - potential fix.

    I've been using the new G3 smart stick+ since it was released with V3.0.6.0 of the Zwave plugin. If I am controlling one device after another, as in a bedtime routine that shuts off one light after another, the lights no longer shut off quickly. There seems to be as long as a 40 second or more delay between when the devices actually respond and when the commands were sent. This did not happen with the previous Smartstick.

    Is anyone else having this problem?

    #2
    I periodically have this issue, even with old hardware and HS3. It was really awful in some HS3 versions 3-4 years ago. A reboot seems to fix it, most times.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      I periodically have this issue, even with old hardware and HS3. It was really awful in some HS3 versions 3-4 years ago. A reboot seems to fix it, most times.
      It only started to happen since I switched to the new hardware. Reboot doesn't help. Never had an issue before. I logged a ticket - we'll see.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by avpman View Post
        I've been using the new G3 smart stick+ since it was released with V3.0.6.0 of the Zwave plugin. If I am controlling one device after another, as in a bedtime routine that shuts off one light after another, the lights no longer shut off quickly. There seems to be as long as a 40 second or more delay between when the devices actually respond and when the commands were sent. This did not happen with the previous Smartstick.

        Is anyone else having this problem?
        What happens when you do a node connectivity test on the network? Any errors? What does the log look like when you experience delays?
        Learn About HomeSeer

        Comment


          #5
          You might want to search the forums. There was another thread that also mentions delays of some 30-40s and multiple users are experiencing it. From what I recall it happens with different sticks, not just the HS one. So it appears it's something software related. Maybe there is an update in that thread about this problem.

          Comment


            #6
            See this post https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...80#post1476780

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by macromark View Post

              What happens when you do a node connectivity test on the network? Any errors? What does the log look like when you experience delays?
              Connectivity test passes and no errors in the log when I run the event. Apparently, others are having similar problems. Please see posts in this thread.

              Comment


                #8
                This has already been reported and is being discussed on a couple of other threads. It would be great if you'd just pick one and post there. We are all having the same problem. Please open a support ticket.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by SteveW View Post
                  This has already been reported and is being discussed on a couple of other threads. It would be great if you'd just pick one and post there. We are all having the same problem. Please open a support ticket.
                  Opened a ticket last night. HS support asked me to open support assistance on MyHS. Is there a moderator here who could merge all the threads?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I think merging threads is kind of difficult and confusing. The best thing is probably to just send a link to the most active thread (as I tried above) and then people move to that thread. I am actually rather happy that some of the HS team members participate in this forum. I wouldn't want them to handle stuff like policing threads, combining threads, etc. Instead, have them solve our issues... Hopefully by now they have figured out there is an issue with the new z-wave stick.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by mulu View Post
                      I think merging threads is kind of difficult and confusing. The best thing is probably to just send a link to the most active thread (as I tried above) and then people move to that thread. I am actually rather happy that some of the HS team members participate in this forum. I wouldn't want them to handle stuff like policing threads, combining threads, etc. Instead, have them solve our issues... Hopefully by now they have figured out there is an issue with the new z-wave stick.
                      Ticketed last evening. They asked for tech access to my system. Hopefully, they're looking into it. Another few days and I'm rolling everything back to the old stick. 👍

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I just want to post a note that I am looking at this. It appears that the 700 series interface does not handle the multicast request. A multicast is only used when you try to send the same command to multiple devices. When I have more information I will post.
                        website | buy now | support | youtube

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          I just want to post a note that I am looking at this. It appears that the 700 series interface does not handle the multicast request. A multicast is only used when you try to send the same command to multiple devices. When I have more information I will post.
                          Per the documentation, multicast and broadcast may only be used in direct range (1.2.1).

                          https://www.silabs.com/documents/pub...s/SRN13181.pdf
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

                          Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.0.6: AK Smart Device 3.0.1.9: AmbientWeather 2.0.63.0: BLBackup 3.0.55.0: BLGData 3.0.38.0: BLLock 2.0.26.0: BLUPS 3.2.0.1: Device History 3.0.0.73: EasyTrigger 3.25.614.1: HSBuddy 3.1.0.22: MeiHarmonyHub 3.1.0.2: SDJ-Health 19.10.7.1: TPLinkSmartHome 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 3.0.5960.36744: UltraSighthoundVideo3 3.0.7806.23606: UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Yes, this has always been true. What it does is send the multicast command (non routed), then follows up with a singlecast to each node. But right now its not even sending the multicast, only the follow up packets. Still trying to see why. We do not have access to the firmware in the USB stick, its provided by Silicon Labs so its hard to debug. I wish they would just give the developers the source to that, I guess they feel there is some special mojo in there.

                            Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

                            Per the documentation, multicast and broadcast may only be used in direct range (1.2.1).

                            https://www.silabs.com/documents/pub...s/SRN13181.pdf
                            website | buy now | support | youtube

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Yes, this has always been true. What it does is send the multicast command (non routed), then follows up with a singlecast to each node. But right now its not even sending the multicast, only the follow up packets. Still trying to see why. We do not have access to the firmware in the USB stick, its provided by Silicon Labs so its hard to debug. I wish they would just give the developers the source to that, I guess they feel there is some special mojo in there.


                              Interesting. So, if this has always been the case, why did this scenario work promptly with the 500-series controller, but has about an 8-second delay on the 700-series controller? It sounds like this is a bug that needs to be sent to SiLabs to investigate.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X